Rad Swap??

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Anyone know for sure??
I have been offered a /6 rad from a dart, 74 I think. Everything about it matches up with the installation and 72 v8 block (except upper outlet) that a shop can move over. I have been also told.... the cooling system maybe too small to keep the v8 cool. Just "Eye" balling and size looks no differance???

I know it's better to be safe...however, anyone know for sure?

I would at the least use one from a V-8 car. For the price of moving the outlets you could buy a heavier duty one!

i put a radiator from a early 90s dodge pickup in my 68 dart, works like a charm.

if anyone is interested in the original i still got it laying around in the shed.

Thanks for your comments and help...I've been informed that the only differance is the core size in the width department..(two) inches..20 vice 22. Now I'm wondering how much of a differance (in temp) this effect could be with the 2 inch loss which is = to a 6" square. Wouldn't that be like a dead bird stuck to the corner of the rad?? :lol: :lol:

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm

2 inches by 18 inches tall makes about 36 square inches by 1.5 thick is about 54 cubic inches if my geometry serves me correctly( haven't used that part of my brain in a while, lol.)

Right now I have a 96 jeep grand cherokee radiator in my cuda and it fits like a glove, has upper bolts for the core support and it just needs some sort of rubber bushings in the bottom of the radiator core support to hold the locating pins built into the radiator that fit right into two of the three holes already in the core support (looking straight down). Then all you need is to see it the shroud will be in the right spot, it just clips into the bottom of the rad and bolt to the top of it. Mine is out of a 6 cyl but a v8 one might be the same. That is my next thing to check out and purchase.

-
Back