Rad Year?

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Putting a (72) rebuild SB 318 in the 69 Signet 273. I have noticed/remebered that the water pump outlet is different due to years which I can't change due to the timing/damper ect. (I don't know when the year changed for sure on the SB) I do understand, more then likely due to AC or power steering units. I do have a rad that will work now, however it "really" looks ratty and most fins are bent. My question would be, if I'm asking or looking around for a new/used rad, do I ask for a A-body SB 72 and up rad? Like I said I'm not sure of the year change.
I also know I could find a Rad Shop and have the outlet swapped over to the passenger side, however I would really rather find a good passenger outlet Rad first. If you know the year I "must" look for and what vehicles/models I can take one out of thanks...
Jim, "trying to get her ready"

Jim I'm sure on the year change but I think 70 up was the new style. You might check out the universal radiators from Summit or Jegs. IIRC they only cost about $200 and they're new and cool better than a stock type.

Fishy is right it is '70 and up on the water pumps. I used a radiator for a '72 a-body in my '65 Valiant.

Chuck

-
Back