Radiator core upgrade

-

moparker

Reaction score
Has anyone had there stock 2 core upgraded to a 3 or 4 core? If so was there any clearance issues with the fan assembly? 71 Duster 340, lunati voodoo cam, 7 blade mopar fan with clutch. Thanks

I had my original rad upgraded to a 3 row many years ago in my '71 340 Duster. I am using the factory clutch fan. No clearance issues.

I had my original rad upgraded to a 3 row many years ago in my '71 340 Duster. I am using the factory clutch fan. No clearance issues.
Thanks. You remember how much it was to have that done?

Thanks. You remember how much it was to have that done?
I had it done back in the '80s. I think back then it was $150.00. It is due to get done again. I have never inquired for a estimate at todays prices,I would think at least $600.00

I had it done back in the '80s. I think back then it was $150.00. It is due to get done again. I have never inquired for a estimate at todays prices,I would think at least $600.00
Good lord. I like 80's price better.

The aftermarket aluminum radiators will have a thicker core, moving t closer to the fan. There is a shorter clutch you can buy, I have one I never used and it looks super tight to install but it has been done.

I just had a stock rad rodded out almost 500.00. no parts involved I like 80s prices too! I had to force my jaw shut when he told me the price. Best poker face I have ever held.

I just had a 2-core factory radiator recored as a 3-row for my 67 fastback. No clearance problems with a clutch fan. Cost was ...well, a lot.

By the way there are other ways to achieve more efficient cooling then adding rows.

Call us radiator and asked them about alternat cores and other tube and fin designs and fins per inch etc.

Has anyone had there stock 2 core upgraded to a 3 or 4 core? If so was there any clearance issues with the fan assembly? 71 Duster 340, lunati voodoo cam, 7 blade mopar fan with clutch. Thanks
I don't know if this helps with your application, but I replaced the original radiator in my 64 Valiant with a three row aluminum radiator. Slant 6. It fit just fine.

Thanks for all the replies. I have an summit racing aluminum radiator. I made brackets and had them welded on. All was fine until I had my motor rebuilt and now its runnin hotter than it used to. I cant run the original shroud on it. Thats why I was considering all this.

You can't ( never say can't ) go wrong with OE parts

-
Back