Radiator decision

-

abodyfan

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm having issues with the Champion Radiator in my Demon. It is a stroked 340 now 416. It was getting hot before the engine rebuild with the Champion radiator. It will run 230 degrees, fan comes on at 190 and thermostat opens at 180. It is not lean, and is at 14 degrees timing initial. I was at Chryslers at Carlisle and priced Wizard and Griffin radiators, not really worried about price. I have a local radiator shop that has always taken care of me, I buy $1500 to $2000 a month with them. He said the Champion 22in, 3 row I have will not work, we checked it and I flows good just not enough. My question is Wizard and Griffin both said a 22in. with 2 row 1.25in rows will be plenty with mechanical fan( going back to mechanical fan). My radiator guy wants to go with a 26in. 2 row with 1.25in. rows. I would like to know what you guys think is the best for my application? The engine has a mild cam I still run exhaust manifolds. I also don't want to drill extra holes or cut the core support as this is a really nice car, but I will so I can keep it cool to drive.

Thanks
Brian

I have a 26 in 3 core Champion and it works get for me. I have a 340 that has 13 to 1 pistons that does NOT get hot at all with this new rad. I was in heavy traffic last week and it did not go over 185!

-
Back