Radiator fitment

-

Nihms

Reaction score
Will at 23 inch tall radiator fit under the hood of a 67 Barracuda. The one I took out was only 19 inches and the hood isn’t available atm to measure.

I put a 68 318 B-Body radiator in my 68 Dart and it was 23" tall if I remember correctly. I had to use a flat radiator cap and the hood barely closed, so I believe it is doable. Is it a factory radiator and if so what are the numbers on the top tank?

I put a 68 318 B-Body radiator in my 68 Dart and it was 23" tall if I remember correctly. I had to use a flat radiator cap and the hood barely closed, so I believe it is doable. Is it a factory radiator and if so what are the numbers on the top tank?
It’s a Griffen radiator their tech sent me the info on. A 500027 number.just seemed tall compared to what came out ( of course nothing saying that it wasn’t a throw in from something else

I have 2 stock copper brass radiators. For 273 - 67 darts

Both measure 23" top of rad cap mounting flange to bottom of bottom tank.

Also with the help of some Play-Doh there is 1.25 inch clearance between the top of the rad cap and the underside of my 67 Dart hood. Barracuda probably will be different

OK, don't know anything about aluminum radiators, I just don't have a need to run one, I only use OEM radiators and have them redone...

-
Back