Radiator for 72 Duster

-

srg610

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm having trouble locating a radiator for the Duster. Does anyone have a part number and company for a rad that will bolt in after doing a 360 swap from the slant six?

you should be able to go to any auto parts place and tell them you want a radiator for a 72 duster 340.

dusterdon said:
you should be able to go to any auto parts place and tell them you want a radiator for a 72 duster 340.

^^That's what I did.

also if you want to switch to a lighter aluminum radiator you can get one from summit racing, they should have a direct fit or a cheaper universal fit, if you do the universal pay attention to which side the inlet and outlet are on, also these require a seperate trans cooler

Yeah, you may want to try the aluminum rad. I just got in from fooling around with mine and it still runs too hot.

paddock has 3 core 22"....2-6 weeks though.. YO had 1 in stock but was $150.00 more than the same through paddock.. Can't find 3 core 22" in the auto stores or the radiator shops new...

kbduster said:
paddock has 3 core 22"....2-6 weeks though.. YO had 1 in stock but was $150.00 more than the same through paddock.. Can't find 3 core 22" in the auto stores or the radiator shops new...

kbduster do you have the part number of the Paddock 3 core
22"

I only find "2 row" in the catalog with nothing about
a 3 core

Thanks

I'm doing the same thing on my 72' and am in the process of looking for a replacement radiator.

For a 1972 Plymouth Duster with a 340 (w/ air conditioning & automatic transmission), it should be part number 3574658 or 3574634. Make sure it has the transmission cooling ports at the bottom if it's an automatic.

If it's a manual transmission, I think it's part number 3574636.

My understanding is that all of these original radiators used a 22" wide core, and anything bigger on a 72' will require some modification (i.e. cutting, welding, drilling, etc.).

By the way, if you are not going stock and don't mind spending some cash on your cooling system, check out Griffin Radiators at http://www.griffinrad.com/. They have an online catalog that can help you select an aluminum radiator depending on your year/model vehicle, tranny and horse power requirements.

FYI, we put in a new aftermarket radiator when we took out the 318 in our 72 Dart and installed the 340. Hubby had to fab things up to get it to fit but the local auto parts place assured him it was the right radiator, kind of a fit-all.

The girl ran hot! So we took the original radiator to a shop that re-cored it, put it back in and now she runs cool, just like from the factory.

Good luck!

the one i have is for 71 dart 318 with tranny cooler it is brand new and is the one designed for 340 also need 150 and its yours also have ac condensor in box to

-
Back