Radiator height above upper support?

-

73Scamp6.1

Reaction score
Need a little help if you don't mind. I don't currently have a hood for my car and I am trying to figure out a good mounting position for my new radiator. Its a non stock aluminum so placement isn't as easy as lining it up. I am just trying to figure out how much space I have in between the upper radiator support and the hood. This would be on a 72 Scamp/Duster, changing the front end over from 73 to a 72 model as well. Thanks in advance.

Get ball of clay about the size of a tennis ball and set it on top of the rad support where the hood looks to come the closest.
Slowly ease the hood down to the closed and latched position, then open it and see what the clay says.

It's a good way to be positive about it.

I don't currently have a hood. In the process of doing body work and wanted to open up the support a little if I needed to and make holes for mounting the radiator. Guess I'll just have to wait to be sure.

I don't currently have a hood. In the process of doing body work and wanted to open up the support a little if I needed to and make holes for mounting the radiator. Guess I'll just have to wait to be sure.

Ah, ok.

Yea, good idea to wait till you have all the parts in one place.

-
Back