Radiator Interchange 1974 Dart /6

-

khughesprime

Reaction score
I need help in finding out what radiator upgrades I can do for my 74 Dart super 6 from a 78 Aspen. I'm too cheap for a new aluminum radiator so junk yards here I come. anyone know which radiators interchange from what models/years. It is w/AC. Thanks :scratch:

Why not just go to Autozone or Advance Auto and buy a new one?

I picked up a v8 A/C radiator for my car for less than $200.

My radiator is fine but I want a cooler one for next summer. I have plans on upgrading the /6 to gain more HP. I can get one from an auto parts store but I want to know which will fit. I read that 383 are cheap and cored well. Will a late 70's big block radiator fit from a mopar land yacht? Just wanting the best option for my $ O:)

Your 74 should have a 26" opening in the core support. So you have the option of getting v8 heavy duty radiators for A-bodies, anything else will likely require some level of modification to fit.

I had a quite stoutly built \6 in my 68 Barracuda for 4 years and never had an over heating problem with the stock \6 radiator. If there is nothing wrong with the radiator you have I wouldn't worry about changing it until after you get your mods done.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah- the stock would work but I'm in Texas where near 110 temps are the summer peak and it's hard for me to trust anything too small. thanks for the info. :headbang:

If you go to a wider radiator than what was there it will not fit.

Autozone sells the heavy duty A/C V8 radiator for a good price. It is 18x26 instead of the usual 18x22 core.

It "almost" kept my built 360 under control WITHOUT a shroud. With a shroud, it should keep your /6 under control no matter what you do to it.

-
Back