Radiator needed 64 Dart

-

djwhog

Reaction score
OK have a 64 Dart with a 416, had a custom radiator made, long story short, the guy is suppose to be a Mopar guy and his radiator sucked! Fit issues, is only good down the track, should be larger even though it is an aluminum 2 core super duty aka per him.

I sent him my factory 273 core that was a modded 3 core and he still messed it up 4 times. Lower hose to close to center hit crank pully, then the entire core is too tall and hood wont close either! list goes on and on..

So anyway I need a radiator and if possible a larger radiator to cool this beast.

Anyone have a contact, part number what did you do etc?

the core support opening is small and 64-63 used the same offset /6 radiator and mounts.

So I am open as what to do without a major hack job on the front end. thanks!

:)

Has anyone made a later say 68-70 core fit? i think they are 26" wide?

thanks! all:)

I have a 22 inch radiator out of a 1965 Barracuda that was a factory 273 AC car. I would have to look to see how many core but I am thinking it is 3.

I think all 68 to 70 A body radiators are also 22 inch.

I had mine made at Northern for my 63, however, I had it made wider and had to modify the rad support. But, they can hook you up with anything, and they are cheaper than Be Cool, Griffen, and a few others I had checked into.

Thanks guys, any contact info for Griffin ? thsnks everyone:)

At this point if I have to go even $500-$600 I just want it right and to run cool, I know I was thinking I could get a late model 70-ish non AC car 22" and with a 318 it should be on the ppass side for lower hose right? I thin kthe 340 radiators were all 26" Maybe not, but I did have to go electric fans since this is as think as a 4 core the one I have now, but is a large similar to Mopar build 2 row that is as thick as a 4 core.

That forced me to run an electric fan, which is OK, and maybe I should add a 2nd one as a push on the grill side to help the pull side fan. I have always been tolsd that the pull side fan on the engine location of the radiator is better, but I could do both?

anyway I just need a better radiator, the guy that built it had good intentions, but made to many mistakes, I am way out of pocket on it, and maybe someone on the site could use it on there application like a 67 up A body. But the 63-66s the hood is more slanted and room is limited.

thanks and please help with more info if you guys can!

Dave:)

I have one and if your PM me your e-mail address I will send you photos.

KP

-
Back