Radiator Question - Champion

-
Looking at this for my '66:

Valiant Radiator (65-66) Slant 6

Those of you that have bought and used it, is it a direct fit or are there any modifications needed? Thanks!

I believe that is the radiator I used 5 years ago, but I'm not 100% positive. The only modification was that I needed to drill new mounting holes. It has worked great, I've put about 8K miles on the engine since then with no radiator issues.

I believe that is the radiator I used 5 years ago, but I'm not 100% positive. The only modification was that I needed to drill new mounting holes. It has worked great, I've put about 8K miles on the engine since then with no radiator issues.
Good to know. The factory one holds water currently, but there is clear evidence of leakage in the past. I think I may just spring for it.

I put a Champion radiator in my '64 wagon about a year ago. There were some fitment issues. I posted pics in this thread. Other than that, I'm happy with it, dead steady 195° all the time, even with it floored for 20 minutes straight climbing the Grapevine!

I used a radiator for the V8 and then bent a coat hanger to the shape needed for the upper hose, took it to auto parts store to match it

-
Back