Radiator Replacement 65' Barracuda

-

Fishercuda

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time browser, first time poster. I recently purchased my first Mopar, a 1965 Plymouth Barracuda and can't begin to express how excited I am to own such a fine piece of machine.

I'm in the process of replacing the more warn out parts to restore it to a more reliable condition. On the top of my list is the radiator. With the weather starting to heat up, the last thing I want is an engine that overheats.

I've been looking at the Griffin Radiators as a replacement, but wondered if there is a better "bang for the buck" out there. Additionally, with the general $100+ price difference between a radiator for a manual transmission vs an automatic transmission, I was wondering if I could use a manual transmission radiator with an auto transmission and buy an external transmission cooling kit as apposed to just an auto transmission radiator. The former setup would actually save me $60 to $70; if it's possible of course.

Cheers,
Maxwel

May want to take a look at having your recored. I found a local guy charging about 200 for it.

Unfortunately that's not an option for me. There is a giant bondo patch at the top of the radiator near the cap. Although it looks to be well done, I don't want to risk the patch blowing out while I'm on the road.

I appreciate the suggestion though.

I couldn't find one for my 65 Dodge Dart 225 slant for under 400.00. I dropped it off today at the radiator shop here in NJ and he will make it like new for about 85. if it doesn't need to be re-cored.

Are you needing a V8 or a slant 6 radiator. I have an original 66 Barracuda V8 radiator that came out of a running and driving car the was being made in to a stroker by a proffesional shop. I bought all of the parts off this car that wasn't going to be used including a set of new ralley wheels and brand new tires since they were building a big bolt Dana rearend for the car. I believe this radiator to be good since everything else he sold me was totally accurate when I picked it all up. Send a pm if you are interested.

-
Back