Radiator support

-

1966 dart wagon

Reaction score
well ive been looking for a radiator for my cuda, its got a v8 now, orginaly a slant six car, and it had a 73 duster radiator when i got it, the radiator was too talk and was getting smashed by the hood so it cracked around the cap area, now i just got a sb radiator 4 core :) from a radiator place, this is a factory piece, its some big place that sells em, i cant remember the name now, but anyways, we got it costed $350 and its too tall, now the question has come up, did the radiator supports for the slant six cars vs v8 different? I dont think it hits but with a cap on it probably will or be very very close, any sugestions

I doubt the /6 cars had a different core support in terms of height. As far as the opening is concerned the width would be radically different, a v8 should have a 22 inch vs 18 inch or something like that opening on a slant car. My guess is you have the wrong radiator. I've got a late 60's 22 inch wide A body radiator, for sale.

You have a PM

drill new holes,or oval out the current ones,
to let it drop further.

maybe the metal under the radiator needs to be bent down a little?

I know `1964 and earlier had less room, in between the
sides, my car has only, about 19inch opening for the air to go thru.

100_0471Medium.JPG

o sorry caveman i didnt notice you posted here, i wrote the pm before checking this,

ok well from what i was told it was a DIRECT replacement, the bottom piece of the radiator support needs to be lower in order for the radiator to fit, its a little bit to tall, man what a hassle, its a 22in wide unit too i believe width wise its fine now its just hight :scratch:

Like said, the only differance is the size of the opening. My car has a radiator from a 72 340 Duster in it. Fits fine. My car was also a slant 6.

AdamR said:
Like said, the only differance is the size of the opening. My car has a radiator from a 72 340 Duster in it. Fits fine. My car was also a slant 6.
did ur 72 340 radiator bolt right up or did you have to modify anything to get it to fit?

-
Back