Radiator

-

65dartman

Reaction score
Gents, I am finally getting back to my project of putting a 360 into my 65 and was wondering what you guy's are using for a radiator? I really don't want to spend big bucks on my stock one to modify the bottom hose connection and add a core. I am sure 66 dartman has an answer for me!

Thanks! :headbang:

why modify the lower hose?

Or did you use a 1970- newer timing cover,
and water pump.?

I used early style, and am using my stock 1964 radiator.

If your using the newer style water pump, etc....
go to Advance Auto parts, and buy a new 1971 radiator.

Well, I am using the newer style water pump and that is the reason for need for a radiator change. I suppose I could use the older style water pump if need be, but I'd preferre to use the newer style just for ease of finding replacements.

I am really happy with my aluminum unit I got from FBO racing. It was cheap and he is able to have it shipped with either passenger or driver side lower hose.

Hmmm, well I was thinking I would just use the front cover and water pump off my 273, hoping that the bottom pulley on the 360 lines up everything else. But it might be easier to scrounge up a Volare Radiator and try that. It's alway's something! :shaking2:

Hey 65 I used a Summit direct fit aluminum SUM-380460 with Pass side inlet and drivers side outlet, but I am using an electric pump. The core fits the opening perfect at 22" and they make other variations of inlet/outlet. A little pricey at $300, but if there is airflow through it, it cools that 12.5 360 just fine. The nice thing is I didn't have to weld anything to it to mount it.

I needed to modify the radiator when I put the 360 crate motor in my 65 B'cuda. I had a local radiator shop move the lower hose connector on my old C body radiator to the right side, didn’t cost more than 20 bucks.

-
Back