radiator

-

cli55er

Tem Greene's Nephew
Reaction score
I have a stock radiator now, nothing really wrong with it honestly. cools decently. has the trans cooler line inputs at the bottom as well.

but i'm building a stroker 416 with TorqStorm and want to go with multirow aluminum with electric fan/s and still have a trans cooler.

i'm having trouble finding anything that fits the bill. what are your recommendations :)

Food for thought, most Aluminum aftermarket Radiators are thicker and narrow the distance between the water pump and radiator and the use of a stock shroud leaves gaps to fill. Most aftermarket electric fans do not pull enough air to cool. There are some OEM ones people retrofit that do. MK VIII, Taurus, HHR, Contour are a few donor cars people use and you need some form of proper control for them.

On the trans side are you running a high stall converter or running a lot on the strip? There are several ways to add auxiliary cooling to the trans but we need to know more about the car and chassis set up. i.e is this an open wheel dragster or a stock, full interior street cruiser?

how about i just put it back the way it is and see if it stays cool and then go from there if not. why change it if it works when i'm done. i just figured....i've seen some nice looking radiators on the market with single and dual fans and all the shrouds and the MSD EFI has a built in controller for 2 fans. etc etc etc....but maybe i just leave it be and see how it works out first.

the TC is 3000 stall w/ 3.73 rear gears. this is a full interior street machine shooting for 700hp

If you go with all of that electric fan stuff, you may start another page of problems.
Probable upgrade , the alternator. No free lunch!

If you go with all of that electric fan stuff, you may start another page of problems.
Probable upgrade , the alternator. No free lunch!
yeah i'm just going to stick with stock and see what happens, it ran fine before and it should be fine for the new 408.

-
Back