Radio Conversions

-

64_Barracuda

Virginia Beach VA
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am starting my own Business Converting transistor radios to AM/FM 180watts RMS 4 channel.

My background is Aviation Avionics US Navy 24 years. I was getting tired of having two radios in my car, last Carlisle I saw a converted radio and thought it was pretty easy. So I became an Aurora Automotive Dealer.

I have one in my own car and love it. I used a Custom Auto-sound dual voice 6x9 speaker and it sounds great!!! AM/FM/USB/BLUETOOTH/LINE IN......

The nuts and Volts of it.....I take the old am card out and install all new digital boards. The items that are reused are the volume control, tuner, and tone if so equipped. Your radio will look 100% stock on the outside. The push-buttons will work as they did originally. With the USB all your MP3 songs can be played, the tuner will act as a Fast Forward or Rewind. Same function with Bluetooth, you can stream from your smart phone and play iTunes, or Pandora or SiriusXM, whatever you would like to play.

One year manufactures parts warranty, 5 year Labor.

Prices AM/FM/LINE IN $300.00
AM/FM/LINE IN/USB/BLUETOOTH $500

Please ask any questions via PM

Attachments

• droppedImage_3.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 663
  • droppedImage_4.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 644
  • SAM_6532.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 639
  • SAM_6533.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 618
  • SAM_6537.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 625
Rick puts a nice radio together. You guys will not be disappointed. He did the upgrade to the thumbwheel in my '70 swinger, Very happy with it ! Completely factory looking on the outside, sound is crisp and loud !

Erik,
Thanks for the Kind words!

Duster360,
I am located in Virginia Beach, VA. I am still working on a website but I do have a facebook page. Ricks Radio Conversions. I have alot of photos and videos of the process of converting a radio. On the remaining parts of your radio that I use I will clean and lubericate the tuner, paint the needle a choice of your color, most Mopars were Red or Orange, Polish the lens and best as possible, clean the dail face as best as possible.

Before I do any work I will test the volume control, tune control, and the tone control. If any of these are out of specs or cannot be cleaned I will let the owner know on how to procede, of trying to find a replacement or stopping all work and looking for another radio. I do this free of charge. Usually if your old AM radio made any noise at all or tuned a station even poorly, the radio is probably a good candidate. If you like you can send me a PM.

Here is an Aurora Design You tube video that may also help.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5hNDkLEY4&feature=player_embedded"]Aurora Design conversion radio demonstration - YouTube[/ame]
Here is another for the Bluetooth and USB
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VbrLI2jwxD8"]Aurora Design BTU-1 demonstration - YouTube[/ame]

When you mention line in, are you referring to an auxiliary port to hook an I POD or cell phone to.

This is great and best of luck with your conversions.

My dash was hacked up when I bought my car and had a aftermarket radio already installed. I would had considered this if it was still stock.

I am starting my own Business Converting transistor radios to AM/FM 180watts RMS 4 channel.

My background is Aviation Avionics US Navy 24 years. I was getting tired of having two radios in my car, last Carlisle I saw a converted radio and thought it was pretty easy. So I became an Aurora Automotive Dealer.

I have one in my own car and love it. I used a Custom Auto-sound dual voice 6x9 speaker and it sounds great!!! AM/FM/USB/BLUETOOTH/LINE IN......

The nuts and Volts of it.....I take the old am card out and install all new digital boards. The items that are reused are the volume control, tuner, and tone if so equipped. Your radio will look 100% stock on the outside. The push-buttons will work as they did originally. With the USB all your MP3 songs can be played, the tuner will act as a Fast Forward or Rewind. Same function with Bluetooth, you can stream from your smart phone and play iTunes, or Pandora or SiriusXM, whatever you would like to play.

One year manufactures parts warranty, 5 year Labor.

Prices AM/FM/LINE IN $300.00
AM/FM/LINE IN/USB/BLUETOOTH $500

Please ask any questions via PM

I am interested in your service to upgrade my working e-body am/fm stereo. I only get a few stations currently. Should I contact you through your website? Do you offer any benefits to FABO members? I am considering the blue tooth option as well.

-
Back