Radio delete, antenna delete?

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What was done with the antenna when these cars had a radio delete? Was there no hole in the fender or was there a delete plug if some sort?

IMG_8858.jpeg

In the 67 FSM there is a tempate to drill the hole for an antenna so I assume some cars came without an an antenna

But I have also seen antenna delete plugs

Antennaes were dealer installed with some form of tool that put a notched hole in the fender. I forget exactly but antennaes installed on cars could cause damage during car carrier transport and they came in the trunk for dealer installation on radio equipped cars. So all the fenders on our Mopars were originally pristine without a hole until delivered and the majority of them got a big hole punched in them. It makes me sick to even think about it... Antennae delete plugs came out from 1984 to 1994 according to the ones I've found on ebay. I gutted my antennae assembly and cut enough off the top where the aerial screw on to be able to silicone a black hardware store furniture 5/8 plastic plug into it to delete mine.

Antennaes were dealer installed with some form of tool that put a notched hole in the fender. I forget exactly but antennaes installed on cars could cause damage during car carrier transport and they came in the trunk for dealer installation on radio equipped cars. So all the fenders on our Mopars were originally pristine without a hole until delivered and the majority of them got a big hole punched in them. It makes me sick to even think about it... Antennae delete plugs came out from 1984 to 1994 according to the ones I've found on ebay. I gutted my antennae assembly and cut enough off the top where the aerial screw on to be able to silicone a black hardware store furniture 5/8 plastic plug into it to delete mine.
My new ‘73 Dart was not equipped with a radio and it had an antenna delete plug on it.

Awesome, thank you for the info. Do you have a photo of yours you can share?

My '71 Demon has been ordered without the radio option, and has no hole for radio in dashboard, nor for the antenna in fender.
No cover in the dash. It's a specific part with no holes.
Thankfully, during 52 years, nobody drilled the dashboard or the front fender to install an aftermarket radio

Shifter knob.JPG

Avant.jpg

Last edited:
Base level Plymouths were radio delete cars. That trim piece on the dash covers the hole for the radio in the metal behind it. Here's a '72 "Ruster" that is a radio delete car, where you can see the cover plate on the dash and the undrilled fender.

If anyone needs it here is a diagram that shows the antenna hole location for a ‘64 B-body and if need be I can post the location for a ‘64 A-body.

IMG_0080.jpeg

I “might” have factory diagram for drilling the antenna hole for the 65 Darts, although I suspect it’s probably the same as what mcodecuda posted for 64s. I will check when we get back from Gibraltar

My ‘66 was a radio delete and there is no hole in the right side front fender.

I remember using that antenna punch tool a few cars that were ordered without radios circa 69-73.

-
Back