Radio size the same regardless of year?

-

H22A4

Does anyone read this?
Reaction score
Just want to confirm that an AM or AM/FM radio from any '68 to '76 A body will fit in any of those years? I've got a '75 Scamp want to ensure a '70 radio will fit.

Tks

the radios with 2 knobs are the same from 70-76. thumbwheel radios are in the there somewhere so you will have to check on that. the thumbwheel radio will not work in the knob dashes without modifying the dash. i think the radio is the same physical size.

Thanks, I forgot about the thumb wheel radios. I'll stick to the '70+ radios since they should all fit w/o cutting the dash metal or the radio bezel.

also need to make sure it is from an a-body. e-body ,b-body and c-body will all have knobs in different places or be a bigger radio. i can get you a pic if you need it...

here are some pics. the first one is a 1970 am from a dart / duster.
the second radio is a am/fm from a 1975 dart / duster. also checked thumbwheel radios are in 69 and 68 , so 70-76 a-bodies and you are o.k.!

1970 dusterdart.jpg

1975 dartduster.jpg

Can the chrome station selectors be swapped to replace the black ones?

i wouldn't see why not. they just pull straight off. be careful not to scratch or break the selector buttons or you will be looking for another radio to steal parts off of.....

-
Back