Radio sounds like a jet engine

-
Reaction score
I just put my satallite radio inthe Dart,two 4" 150 watt in the dash and two 6" in the doors. I put a amp in the trunk. All hooked up and started the engine and whines like crazy. Any one got any ideas
Moe

it's usually from the alternator (or having non-resistor spark plugs). You can buy a filter that goes in the power wire to eliminate it.
Or at least that has worked for me in the past...

edit-of course, it could always be a bad ground too:D

Make sure everything is grounded.........and grounded well........ Did you install a sat. radio that broadcasts thru an fm channel or one that gets hooked into the head unit with its own cable?

Make sure everything is grounded.........and grounded well........ Did you install a sat. radio that broadcasts thru an fm channel or one that gets hooked into the head unit with its own cable?

Hard wired thru the amp with it's own cable
Moe

Your grounds for your amplifier and your radio needs to be heavy and secured to the body with as clean of a connection you can get. I usually will use a cutoff wheel or sanding pad to make sure I have nice and shiny metal. Make sure they are as close to the individual component as you can get. For example, my amp ground is no more than 3 inches long and bolted to the floor. Just long enough to get around and down to good metal. Also make sure your power and ground are at least the minimum size the amplifier instructions suggests. Also, do not run your power wires and your speaker wires together. That will just add to the noise.
amp3.jpg

HOW DO I SPELL GROUND"????????? I forgot to put the screws in the amp securing it it the floor, dummy me. Thank you all for the response and fixes,was much easier than my other plan.
Moe

Bump, just to say thanks again to the guys with all the right answeres!!!!!!! All is good now and got music now ..

Moe

-
Back