Rally Dash Conversion Question

-

67cudaGuy

Reaction score
Hey all, I’m currently converting my 1972 duster to a rally dash using a 1967 dash. Before I start I suspect I have a bad fuel gauge or the voltage limiter is no good within it. When I start the car I get no reading on the fuel gauge, oil or temp but on the back of both pegs on each gauge I get 12v. I also need to replace my sending unit not sure if this would have an affect or not? Hoping someone has a suggestion thanks

The gas gauge, the oil pressure gauge and the water temp gauge all need a path to ground to work even if they are getting 12v. The sender units provide this. For each sender, ground its attaching wire and if the gauge is working, this will peg the gauge, it is working! If not pegging, then there is a problem with the gauge, its limiter or associated wiring. If the only gauge not working then it is not the limiter.

I’m not getting any movement on the gauges at all but they have the 12v on the back pegs.

In a rally dash the factory fuel gauge has vr built inside it. The vr steps volts to 5/6 to.feed other gauges. 12v to the other.3 gauges probably fried them

Yea hoping that running it for a few minutes didn’t as I was aware this could happen.

-
Back