-
Status
Not open for further replies.

4 speedin

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I am just finishing my build and somehow came up missing one rally dash screw for my 68 Valiant. If anyone has a new or nice original one that would be great.
Thanks Mike

Do you have a picture of one like you need.

upload_2022-2-19_20-38-29.jpeg

I am just finishing my build and somehow came up missing one rally dash screw for my 68 Valiant. If anyone has a new or nice original one that would be great.
Thanks Mike
Forgive me for asking, but why not just pull one and go match it at the hardware store?

They are kind of unusual, they have a long rounded head and this car is super nice and needs to be right.
Thanks Mike

Get with Oldmanmopar, I'll bet he can fix you up in a heartbeat. Besides, he is an all around nice guy who helps many of the members here.

I think you need that screw with a narrow tall head that faces you in the seat. There are Black, silver and Chrome. Some of the rally dashes have a wider head screw on the top facing down but they too are different through the years.

You never know what screw is being used.

My son worked at Mack trucks. He was on the flex crew . They would repair screw ups. They had a new hire Hulio that was installing the grilles with screws. The grilles were falling out at the end of the hood line from the screws being stripped. My son had to go up there and showed him how to start the screws straight. "So he thought"

They were good for a a little while. A couple days later he had to go back and show him again. The guy did not speak English. This went on for a couple weeks Finally my son stayed there for a while and watched him.

The guy was doing good for a couple hoods. Then my son looked over and he saw Hulio with the drill spinning fast and Hulio pressing and forcing them in. Here is what was happening , Hulio was setting the gun down and it was reversing. Hulio didn't have a clue he just held the gun flat out and pushed until they went in stripping the holes.

All those screws were replaced with a larger threaded screws so they would hold. These manufactures don't realize that even though you can hire cheaper labor it cost you more in the end.

So never assume everything screw on your vehicle is correct from the factory. I can remember having different diameter screws taking these cars apart.

"Who knows maybe Hulio's Granddad worked for Mopar 50 years ago". Attention to Taking these cars apart is just as important as assembling them. Today its the Cell phone distraction.

I can tell you all a story about a student my son hired and the reason my son still works alone.

Well except for the employee of the month the man with (Great knowledge , Energy, Commitment, and Punctual at the time clock ,Never strays off, Skips all breaks and lunch, And works for free ). Thaat's Meee!! There are times I believe I hold down the fort here. Please don't applaud My head may swell. Good morning USA!

^^^^^
FWIW....I just reinstalled the instrument cluster on my 71 Demon 340 with the rallye dash and the screws looked just like that one. Mine were silver that go upwards into the top of the dash and the 3 facing out toward you were chrome. FWIW....

Depending on the year some were chrome , Some were silver and some were black. All 70's and 71's I dismantled were black facing you. The early silver lower dashes were chrome or silver

Never seen those in black/oxide. Always saw them in chrome. Arent they called "Filbuster" or something like that?

This screw is out of my 69 Dart instrument bezel.

Just using it as an example for the screw the OP might need in his ‘68 Valiant.

I’ve seen them called fillister head screws.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your reply's. It is the one that scatpackbee posted but mine are all chrome, like Steve mentioned. If one of you has a nice one in chrome that would be great if not I could spray a black one and put it in the least conspicuous place. Fillister, that's one I hadn't heard of before.
Thanks again for your assistance!

For reference purposes, can you post a pic of where the fillister screw goes in your dash? Also how many were there?
Thank you all for your reply's. It is the one that scatpackbee posted but mine are all chrome, like Steve mentioned. If one of you has a nice one in chrome that would be great if not I could spray a black one and put it in the least conspicuous place. Fillister, that's one I hadn't heard of before.
Thanks again for your assistance!

Here is what I have of those style screws and others. If the person who posted the want ad wants any just PM me your address and pay the shipping after you receive them. One other person contacted me from Canada. I received your address and they will be sent on Tuesday. PO is closed

I have containers I have not gone through because I ran out of room to sort them in this case. They are all used but some are pretty nice. I have one car to build yet and I am done. I would be glad to help the person that needs a screw or two. I will not provide all your hardware. But if I can help you save from buying sets when you only need the ones your missing I will. Just pay for the stamps.

I have any nut or bolt that came on most mopars if needed. Some I charge for if they are hard to find large bolts.

100_0227.JPG

100_0001.JPG

100_0002.JPG

100_0003.JPG

100_0004.JPG

100_0005.JPG

100_0006.JPG

100_0007.JPG

Yes I know where most of them go if you tell me what you need a fastener for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back