Rally Mirror Location?

-

naji408

Reaction score
My 71 Duster never had a mirror on the passenger side. Do I make the holes on the passanger side at the similar location of the driver side? Or do I make it an inch in more towards the fender?

i would mount it in the same location as the drivers side. mine didnt come with one so i cant measure for you

Just transfer measurements for the holes from the driver door to the passenger. I suggest a backing plate inside the door too.

When I did mine, I made a paper template from the front of the door to the rearmost hole of the mounting on the driver side. It was the full width of that concave from the window scraper seal to the crease where the door goes horizontal. Then I flipped it 180 degrees, laid it out on the other side, and marked my holes. Simple. I didn't do a backing plate on mine (never thought to) and have no issues. It does sound like a good idea though.

Thanks guys...I just thought it looked wierd at the same spot.
PS 70Duster440, you do great work, and you helped me out a lot with your website. Thank you.

No problem. Glad to be of help.

My '70 driver door had no backing plate and there was damage around the mounting points because of it (someone hits the mirror and the door bends). Not required and you may have no issues but if it's an option... The factory later started adding reinforcements. Same deal on the b-pillars behind the door striker.

-
Back