Rallye dash gauge & tach question

-

khaley71

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm trying to have a discussion with 2 different people about the factory tachs and rallye dashes in our A-bodies. One keeps trying to tell me that only 71 Demon with a 340 had an N85 tach? The other is telling me it's not a true rallye dash if it has a 120 speedo. To be true rallye dash it has to have the 150 speedo. Both are very adamant they are correct. Both told me since I'm younger I don't know what I'm talking about... they were around when these cars were new and both have owned more that 25 Mopars in there life time. The last question I have is what years where the performance/vacuum gauges available? I think I'm correct the tach was available on more than just a 71 340 Demon. It's still a rallye dash if it has 120 or 150 speedo. If I'm incorrect I don't have a problem admitting it. Sorry this is so long but I'm starting to get a little annoyed. I've told them both they should join this forum so they can actually learn about A-bodies. Thanks gang

Some people are just adamant that to be a "rallye dash" it has to have a 150 speedo. I do not see it this way - If so what do you call the 67-9 barracuda dashes? I guess I could call the 70-71 rallye dashes the "340 dash"?

67-69 Barracuda had the so-called "rallye" dash 120 speedo was standard.

in 67 the 150 came with the decor package. It could also get the T4 performance/vac gauge or T7 tachometer optional.
in 68 the 150 was offered in the sport package. A clock option was also now avail for 68-9 along with the tach and perf/vac gauges.
In 69 the sport and rallye instrument packages came with 150. Only the 69 references a 150 as part of a rallye instrument package which included a woodgrain dash overlay. SO what do you call the 150 all the other years?? I read as a 150 speedo instrument added to the rallye dash.

70-71 duster 340/70 dart swinger 340 and 71 Demon 340 rallye dash was standard with 150. N85 Tach optional, no vac/perf or clock gauges avail.

in 1971 the tach option was for demon 340 only AND Duster 340. The 150 was standard with rallye dash. changing the speedo doesn't make it a non rallye dash though. only the speedo has been changed from a 150 to a 120 from an earlier barracuda.

Information direct from the Dodge and Plymouth dealership data books

-
Back