Rallye Dash Swap

-

66/440

Reaction score
OK, I have a Rallye Dash from a 67 Barracuda that I would like to install ijn my 72 Scapm. I have heard that this swap works if you have the dash frame as well as the instrument cluster. BUT....I dont know anyone that has actually don this swap. I would appreciate input from anyone who has done this type of swap. I am concerned about the mateing the wiring harness with the current harness at the firewall. Any other issues I need to be aware of?
Thanks in advance for your help

I did that to my 73 duster

Attachments

• dustertop 026.1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 343
  • new folder002.1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 322
Wow, looks great. Any issues with the dash frame or connections to the engine harness?

Dash frame bolts right in no issues there. The wiring harness I modified my dash harness. That what the diagram is for.

What is the diagram to the lower right with "d 10 lite green, 1 2 3" etc? Did you move the wires in your 73 harness or did you move the pins on the circuit board? This is by FAR the best explanation I have seen.

BP27- That is THE MOST informative diagram I have seen; A picture says 1000 words. It seems that you used YOUR harness from the 73 and did not have to modify anything at the bulkhead (fire wall connections), that you swapped wires at the round connector at that clips into the back of the dash. It also seems that the rallye dash has another bar with 3 hookups (as in the diagram) that you need to add wires to make this connection. Thanks for sharing that. I PM'ed you for more specific info...

This is all good for those who have a standard dash and instrument panel with square speedometer.
If your standard dash a long sweep speedometer, you wont have the round main harness connector. Those instrument panels have 2 harness connectors with the pins in straight rows. Their pin spacing is the same as the one of added to the rallye panel.
Bottom line , dont throw away any harness connectors. Sobody will need them.

-
Back