rallye rim tire selection

-

moparfury123

Reaction score
hi im sure its been ask before in another post but my search has come up empty in looking i have not been able to find a definite yes or no to my question

my question is if i have a dead stock 73 duster body with stock shackles and springs and a stock a body 8 3/4 what is the largest tire size i can run on a Mopar 15x7 rallye rim i have in my mind 255/60/15 or 275/60/15 i think the 275 might be pushing it so im leaning to the 255 also i think the 275 might be to wide for my rim (opinions are welcome on the 255 vs 275 issue also if they will fit)

also my 8 3/4 has had Yukon large bolt axles and 11" drums put on it though i doubt this would make any real difference another note i had to use the deeper chrome beauty rings if this gives a hint to what offset i have

As far as rim width, 255s min. rim width is 7" to 9.5" the 275s min. rim width is 8" to 10.5" as far as fitting on the car I can't answer that.

Either will fit, the 275 would be better on an 8" rim. I dont like the looks of 8" Rallyes personally.

Alright I think 255s will be what I order then I agree on the 8inch rim the 7s look better imo I might also ask if any one has run mickey Thompson et street radials and if they are worth a darn if not I may just go the white letter bfg route that I had planes on going

I'm biased I like BFGs but street radials are ok I suppose, but I'm thinking they are a softer compound and will wear faster in street use.

i like the look of the white letters but am concerned about traction do the bfg tires hook up alright for you right now im running 3.73 gears limited slip with a true non over drive 4 speed and a 360 with a 484 mopar purple shaft (early grind pattern) and supporting mods

Not an a body but i run a 255 on a 7 inch rally on my challenger..i am not a fan of bfg but do like my cooper cobras..they do hook ok but thats behind an automatic 340

-
Back