Rallyes

-
I don't see why not. Do you have the 4" or the 4.5" bolt patern studs?
The 70/71 wheels are 4" bolt patern. If your Duster is too then they will fit.

OK. well here is how you find out.

Measure from the back of one stud to the center of the third stud. That will tell you what patern you have.

If you have a summit catalog there is an illustration in it in the wheel section that will help you out.

Thanks for the help! I'll do that once I get the car unburied and unfrozen.:angry7:

You`re right in the transistion years of the bolt circle with what you`re working with. Chances are your 73 has the large bolt pattern and the 71-72 wheels are the small pattern. Mopar A-bodies had the small bolt pattern (4") up to 72 and then changed to the large pattern (4.5") in 73 but I believe some of the slant six cars still had the small pattern in years after 72. Like the guys said, the first thing to do is measure your pattern and go from there.

my duster is a early built 73. it is small bolt pattern.
these rims and tires are from my 70 swinger.

000_0374.jpg

You`re right in the transistion years of the bolt circle with what you`re working with. Chances are your 73 has the large bolt pattern and the 71-72 wheels are the small pattern. Mopar A-bodies had the small bolt pattern (4") up to 72 and then changed to the large pattern (4.5") in 73 but I believe some of the slant six cars still had the small pattern in years after 72. Like the guys said, the first thing to do is measure your pattern and go from there.

Dead on correct. My '74 /6 Duster had the SBP until I swapped it out.

Ray

my duster is a early built 73. it is small bolt pattern.
these rims and tires are from my 70 swinger.

My car was built on September 23, 1972...?

I do know I want Rallyes but I don't like the center cap look of later year Rallyes.

Mine is a 73' with a slant 6 with 4.5 large bolt pattern. I think Disc brakes is another sign it would have the 4.5 as well. I also, don't like the later years center cap, but? Thats what it came with.
How do I fix that dent in the rear quarter? It really pisses me off!

DSC00672.jpg

DSC00673.jpg

Hopefully mine will fit '70/'71 Rallyes...I just can't stand later year center caps...sorry guys who love them.

The "old" center is the "mexican hat" style. It was the ~71 and earlier cars.
LBP for the E bodies, SBP for the A bodies. ~71-72, The SBP got the "acorn" style (the one you don't like).

so, you can find LBP or SBP in either style, depending on your stud pattern needs.

Some ebay sellers sell plastic centers for ~ $70 a set. Way cheaper than $70+ each for OEMs. They look perfect at a glance.

So I can put the E-Body styled center caps on no matter what bolt pattern my car is?

they're specific for each bolt pattern 4" or 4.5" you'll have to measuse your bolt pattern

So I can put the E-Body styled center caps on no matter what bolt pattern my car is?

Yes, they make the early style caps in both bolt patterns, 4 inch and 4 1/2, you're good either way. The best way to figure out what you need is to tell us if you have front discs or not.

The '73 Duster I had was a 318 3-speed Duster Twister, it had the 4 1/2 ralley wheels from the factory, before I got it someone had added some OE early style caps.

From what I've experienced, post '72 ('73 +) slant six drum brake cars had a 4 inch bolt circle. All V8 cars I've seen, '73 + have had the 4 1/2 bolt circle with front disc brakes. You could get disc brakes on a slant 6 car, pretty sure all '73 + disc setups are 5 X 4 1/2.

BTW, are you on the SAE (or SA for the young'uns) forums?

-
Back