RAM Window regulator channel

-

Rob

Reaction score
Have any of you that own a RAM replaced the window channel, mine have rotted off and while it's obvious that the window sits in the "U" shaped channel, I was wondering what to use for adhesive? This is the piece that attaches to the rollers on your scissor lift and the side window.

DSC03928.jpg

Any automotive supply house should have what you are looking for. 3M makes a really good adhesive specifically for what you need to do. Make sure you wear some gloves because that stuff is the worst thing ever to get off of your hands!

Thanks, that may be the same stuff as you use for weather stripping now that you mention it.

Not the same as weatherstrip adhesive. That can 't really handle the stress of the channel pulling down on the glass,especially if your window tracks bind at all. I've used JB weld with good results, and also a couple different 2 part epoxies/2 part structural adhesive. 3M also makes something called GlassBond, I believe.

Thanks for the extra info on that, I'll have to check with my jobber about glass bond, I like the name of that, seems to fit the application rather nicely :-D

-
Back