Ramcharger's Doorbell

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
I just installed this last night, what do y'all think?

Doorbell.jpg

To comment on this photo:---

You know, honestly, Being Canadian KICKS ***.. Im a proud Canadian, exspecially after that survey came back that said canadian men make better lovers then the American men.. but anyway, thats kinda off topic..

I like to travel, i like to explore and in my journeys I noticed in the states you fella's like to promote that your american.. For every person i met or talked to 2/5ths displayed an american flag on there person.

For every STREET i went down.. every other house had a FLAG.. just like in the picture.. and if not every other house.. you can garantee that SOMEONE on that street will to make my point true..

Why is this? does the government give you a tax break? do the cops respond faster? haha.. what IS IT?

Im just curious Because we do this here in canada but not as intense as you boys!

Geeez.... if you were REALLY creative you would have incorporated both the doorbell AND the flag pole mount in one!

Cerwin said:
To comment on this photo:---

For every person i met or talked to 2/5ths displayed an american flag on there person.

For every STREET i went down.. every other house had a FLAG.. just like in the picture.. and if not every other house.. you can garantee that SOMEONE on that street will to make my point true..

Im just curious Because we do this here in canada but not as intense as you boys!

Cerwin,

Jeez...of all the posts I could have made, I couldn't have possibly thought that a deers butt could've provoked a political response. I could have come back with a smart *** comment like "Well, I found this Canadian flag in the woods one day and figured I'd just put a doorbell in the middle of it." But I like all of our Candian friends far too much to be so insulting. I know you don't know my history, but my Dad was originally from Northern Wisconsin (Pretty much just across Lake Superior from Canada) and we used to spend quite a bit of time up there and I had quite a few Canadian friends, drank Canadian beer and whiskey and listened to Canadian bands. :headbang: I don't know if in your "travels" you have spent much, or any time in that part of our fair country, but if you did you would know that many businesses and privately owned homes display both the US and Canadian flags. Brinkaplan could probably attest to this as well.

As I write this, I'm listening to the Canadian band, Rush, who you may be familiar with even at your young age. A line to one of their lyrics states "You can't have something for nothing, you can't have freedom for free!" Which brings me to my next point. You may have been traveling during Independence Day, Memorial Day, Veterans Day, or soon after the WTC Disaster. All times when most US Citizens proudly display our colors in support of those who have sacrificed so much for not only our freedom, but the freedom of others as well, including the French, Chinese, and English. I remember as child that we had many WWII veterans on our street who would raise and lower the flag every day in rememberance of those who did not make it back. The flag means so much more to them than just some sort of blind nationalism, as it does to me as well.

My Dad a Marine, fought in WWII, made three beach heads, and served as an Honor Guard in China, survived to have ten children, of which I'm the last. I watched him get buried in God's green earth, with a 21 gun salute reverberating through the graveyard, in a coffin covered by the flag, which was then presented to my mom by my nephew who was serving in the Marine Corps. Until you have experienced this, which you never will, you have absolutely no business commenting on something you know nothing about.

Those Canadians who fought against Hitler and Hirosito I'm sure are proud as well, and those may be the flags that you see raised in your own country. I'ts a sad thing that many kids, such as yourself, don't understand and appreciate the hardships and sacrifices that your elders have made to ensure that you have the right to fly, or not fly the flag of your choice.

FASTBACK340 said:
Geeez.... if you were REALLY creative you would have incorporated both the doorbell AND the flag pole mount in one!

Well, after drinking 6 beers writing my rebuttal to Cerwin (I'm really pissed off), I may just do that. I think I got a hole saw somewhere around here. My neighbors are gonna love me! :headbang:

Look buddy, Im sure if you read ANY of my posts you would notice that I like to joke around a have a good time, I wont spend much time here trying to make right what you think went wrong, but I never intended to insult or disrespect anyone or any histories incorporated into this subject.. Maybe I should have stated that i think its really COOL that you do things like this.

You wont find as many proud or vibrantly displayed flags here in canada. we have rememberance day and canada day and thats it. those are the only days that people celebrate the freedom and pride really.

Next time you go off the fuckin handle make sure you read things all the way thru, I didnt appreciate you cranking me out, that wasnt very fair when i never insulted you, your heritage or even the hole point of your rant.. your right to be proud of who you are. Reading the first part of your "rebuttle" I had shivers go thru my body with a feeling of self security that your father was a true hero. but you ended it in such dissgust that im suprized i find myself even reply.

I have respect for ANYONE, any colour any religion and any nation.

I hope you honestly didnt feel you had to address your anger towards me on what i said, because all i wanted to ask is who or how did it all get started?

Ive debated putting a canadian flag on my arm as a tattoe.
and having the words American Made tattoed somewhere else.

But i guess your oppinion and thoughts should be heard,
Cuz it is a free country isnt it?
F*^K I still cant believe you went off like that.
Normally your a quiet cool guy.

Cerwin,

Everyone has a raw nerve, and you touched mine. I don't, in view of your last post, believe that you touched mine intentionally and I hold no grudge against you. I got way pissed off that just the fact that a just a flag holder that appeared in a joke photo from the US provoked such a response from you. I know you "like to stir the pot" from time to time to provoke a reponse, but you have understand what some people here have gone through.

My sister is married to Vietnam vet, and she has to awake at times to the shrieks of his dreams,even to this day. He's shown me private photos that would set your hair on fire from the sheer brutality of war (thats the nicest way I can put it). He's also the same man that had a 11 sec 383 Road Runner and got me into Chrysler produsts, as well as let me know what ws really important in life. Familly, country and work, in that order. You'll have to forgive my spelling as i'm getting somewhat drunk right now.

Now my Dad taght me how to drive shortly after he shoewed me how to use a chain saw. at age 11. Then we sat on the stump and ha a beer, my first. he also taght me how to shoot, fish, and otherwise survive no matter what society dishes out, so I hope you can see were I'm coming from. I know you can't alwas know wahat some people hold close to their heart, but this is mine. To some a symbol is just a symbol, but this one is part of me.

Maybe I'm just having a bad day Cerwin, as you say, I'm usally way calm and easy going. Many of my friends run the gamut: African, Mexican, Morrocan, Iranian, American Indian, Japanese, Chinese, European, or a mix of the above. ****, I'm a major mutt myself: Irish, German, Hungarian and Czech! Damn, and people onder why I drink! Damn man, my fiance is german, american indian, irish and english with some mennonite mixed in for good measure. ****, what would we tell our kids when they ask what their nationality is? I know, American!

I am apologising pubilicly, if I have truly misunderstood your intentions. Just be aware that here are many of us here who have lost so much....and may misconstrue your intentions as well. It's a tender and still raw nerve because all we hear in the news on a daily basis is about how much everyone hates us.

Peace. :usa2:

Im like to live in the moment and at that moment you posted a picture of a deers dumper with the doorbell in his hoo hoo.. labeeit its funny i just took the opportunity to ask a question.. I am sorry that I more then likely touched on toes i shouldnt i was just curious, thats all.. Im glad theres no harm done, as we are all brothers here and this isnt needed. So im glad its turned out this way.

I have family in the arms now and im not sure about my family's history as it is a little hazey.. my mother was adopted and my biological fathers history is still unknown as im yet to meet him. i know who he is, just never met him.. im kinda nervous to call him and let him know i know who he is!

I do feel for you and i stand for what you stand for.
:salute: Respect, Pride and Freedom. :salute:

And the hole hate america thing is taliban or countries that are jealous of you and what you have, mixed with feelings of vacisms on the american way!
dont fret it. Personally i never take anything serious that is negative towards me. including what you felt was needed to be said. so no harm done. Screw anyone that has anything relavently negative to say about your home your family or your oppinions. I say have a fascism towards their human existance!

But man.. If im ever in the neighbourhood and i stop by for beer time.. you can almost garrantee im not ringing your doorbell!!!ill knock.. haha

-
Back