Ran Into Jesse James !

-
Seen Mr. James a few times out here in Idaho....dont ask me why...must be cuz of the bike shops we have around here.

-RPM

What? Is Lee Majors just pig slop or what? Wait a tick ...is he still alive? Of course, I am teasing. Meeting the Duke tops the list so far.
Yes. When I hear the word "American" I think of people like John Wayne, Ronald Reagan, and Charlton Heston.

Yes. When I hear the word "American" I think of people like John Wayne, Ronald Reagan, and Charlton Heston.

Forest Tucker (from F-Troop) is a favorite of mine in this thread too. I would love to catch some episodes of it.

BTW: Since you mentioned Bob Denver, it got me thinking of the good ol' Dobey Gillis days. Who could forget Maynard G. Krebs (bongo playing beat poet extraordinaire)? ;-) I think that was his name on the show.

Dang, GTX, to remember all that you're either REALLY old, or you're hooked on those Retro channels on cable:-D.

Living up here in LotusLand, I haven't run into too many movie types, but sports stars were in abundance. Have met many old time professional wrestlers back in the day, and plenty of pro hockey and football players.

But I prefered Larry Storch to Forrest Tucker.

Dang, GTX, to remember all that you're either REALLY old, or you're hooked on those Retro channels on cable:-D.

Living up here in LotusLand, I haven't run into too many movie types, but sports stars were in abundance. Have met many old time professional wrestlers back in the day, and plenty of pro hockey and football players.

But I prefered Larry Storch to Forrest Tucker.

Granted, not that old but with five older siblings (the oldest being ten years older than I) we all watched a a wide span of TV. Some of the shows were reruns but they seemed brand new to me at the time. ;-)

Oooo ... maybe I should look into those "retro channels".

As for the toss up between Larry Storch and Forrest Tucker, it's a toss up. I do remember Storch from Car 54, Where Are You and him being the voiceover of Mr. Whoppee on Tennesse Tuxedo.

BTW: Don't get me started on hockey or I'll never get off the computer. ;-)

A friend and I where fishing out of Ketchican Alaska back in 1990. We went to dinner at a place named Yes Bay Lodge, sitting at the next table next to us was Olivia Newton John. Her and her husband where staying at the lodge so he could go fishing. Didn't get to met her, but she sure was good looking!!!!!!!

I met Thelma Lou, Charleene Darling, and Goober from the Andy Griffith Show. But the coolest person I have met was Ben Jones from Dukes of Hazzard. Met him in Gatlinburg at his shop. Got my picture with him and an autograph. He got a couple of chairs and sat down and talked to me and my wife for bout a half hour.

hmm.. for me.. Gino Fracas is my great uncle, he was a defensive linebacker for the CFL team Edmonton Eskimos from 1955 to 1962. and i saw Chuck Norris once at a Harley Davidson biker retreat thing with my dad when i was younger

Jesse's sure a great guy! Back when I was on the WPBA in the mid- and late 90s, I used to work with his sister in law Corey (married to his brother, Errol James) at my day job at a law firm. I'd practice on my lunch hours since the pool hall was just a couple blocks away from the office, and Corey would come along. Jesse and Errol would come down and meet us there once in a while, suck up some suds and watch. Corey would get the phone call about 11 asking if it was 'short and tight day' -- referring to the skirt -- and, if it was, a personal appearance was pretty much guaranteed. Guess he was a leg man. LOL

Great stories here gang!!! I'm enjoying the read.

As for the toss up between Larry Storch and Forrest Tucker, it's a toss up. I do remember Storch from Car 54, Where Are You and him being the voiceover of Mr. Whoppee on Tennesse Tuxedo.
I remember thinking that Captain Parmenter (Ken Berry) was the funniest guy on the show. Who knows? I was very young.

i was at a bar in orlando couple months back n this guy walks by and i joking say ohh here comes Ron White n bout ten min. later couple other friends come out n say did ya hear ron white is here n we go back in n it was him half plastered ordering a drink of course thats the only celeb for me

I forgot about one more. Mike Rowe used to work out at the gym I go to before he moved away to become famous and dirty. We spent a lot of time and energy trying to maintain the illusion of fitness and trading obscure Monty Python references that no one else understood. He is a great guy. I guess I forgot about him because I knew him when his biggest gig was Eckerd Drug Store commercials.

-
Back