Random greater Vancouver Mopar pics

-

george

Reaction score
Dont know how to put text in between the photos, so bear with me here. First time I have tried tp post pics on here.
1) triple black '68 Dart 383 GTS in the spectator lot at the Maple Ridge Auto swap meet, late nineties
2) '68 Cuda notch at Fathers day in the park in Mission, I'm thinking maybe 2000?
3) Not an a-body, but pretty damned rare, original paint, survivor B5 shaker, go-wing '71 340 Challenger, Fathers Day in the park, late nineties
4) Bill Vissers alky KB Cuda at the 1000' mark at Mission, doing about 185 MPH here, not sure, but probably still the fastest REAL '67-'69 Cuda on the face of the planet. I'm not a huge pro-Mod fan, but this car was actually built from a cuda, not a glass or carbon fiber body, pretty cool. Probably the best high-speed pan shot I have ever taken, & the $%#! shutter had to drag. Thats how life goes.

68 GTS.jpg

68 notch.jpg

B5 71 340 RT.jpg

Visser.jpg

I live in east Van & I hardly ever see any cars here, the action is out in the burbs, Maple Ridge, Poco, Surrey, Langley.

I dont have any pics of my cars, I'd have to go up to my dads and take pics of them. Not much to see, unless you wanna see pics of a scruffy white duster with no engine in it & the front clip off, no wheels on it sitting on blocks. I only have the one a-body, the rest are one b-body, two brand x cars. Once we buy a house & I start working on it again, I will post some pics. Honestly, I am still torn between working on the Duster or finishing my Chevy II. Havent quite made up my mind which I am gonna go after first.

Oh yea, another comment on Bill Vissers car. It had a torqueflite in it, not a pglide, Bruno or Lenco. Probably one of the fastest TF cars since the time they stopped using them in funny cars around 1970.

Yes we wanna see!!!! we'll help ya make up your mind which one to go after first! right guy's ?:yawinkle:
I dont have any pics of my cars, I'd have to go up to my dads and take pics of them. Not much to see, unless you wanna see pics of a scruffy white duster with no engine in it & the front clip off, no wheels on it sitting on blocks. I only have the one a-body, the rest are one b-body, two brand x cars. Once we buy a house & I start working on it again, I will post some pics. Honestly, I am still torn between working on the Duster or finishing my Chevy II. Havent quite made up my mind which I am gonna go after first.

Yes we wanna see!!!! we'll help ya make up your mind which one to go after first! right guy's ?:yawinkle:
Yea, & I'm sure that you guys would make that decision without any brand prejudice entering into it, right? ROFL!

Once I pull then out of storage & start working on them, I'll shoot some pics & post them.

Oh yea, another comment on Bill Vissers car. It had a torqueflite in it, not a pglide, Bruno or Lenco. Probably one of the fastest TF cars since the time they stopped using them in funny cars around 1970.

Any idea what happened to that car? The Barracuda had a bad fire at Pacific Raceways and I never saw it since then. Apparently the car shook so hard off the line that the fuel cell split releasing methanol all over the headers and destroying the engine and part of the engine compartment. Here are some pics from the early 2000's with the newer paint job. Unfortunately Bill passed a few months after the accident and never was able to fix the car himself.

Bill-and-Cuda.jpg

scan0001.jpg

DSCF0695.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSCF1240.jpg

I haven't seen it since the fire, but I have been out of the loop for a while, havent been active at Mission for about 8 yrs now. Was a pretty cool car, wasnt it?

So the survivor 340 shaker challenger didnt grab anyones attention? I thought that was pretty cool. I would think survivor/shaker cars are pretty thin on the ground.

the black gts looks alot like one thats in kelowna.

old bill was super nice guy, i was very close to buying that car rolling for 10g

The black Dart looks a lot like my friend Dan's Dart here in Duncan. Surprised you haven't seen my Duster...it sat in Delta for a while, then I bought it. Now it's in New West...atleast until this weekend (hopefully:-D)

the black gts looks alot like one thats in kelowna.

old bill was super nice guy, i was very close to buying that car rolling for 10g
For years (we are talking back in the '70s here) there was a guy that had a similar 383 GTS in Maple Ridge that used for a daily driver, but it was a 4-speed triple black convert. I mentioned it in the rare a-body thread a while back.

I'll post a few more pics from around here from the '90s in a couple days.Too bad I didnt have a camera in the heyday of the early mid '80s.

-
Back