Random pictures thread

-
I wonder if the owner sports a mustache like this to match the setup on his car.
1674144559700.jpeg

My friend posted this.

Still have a scar on my chin today from the time when I throttled this thing up and hit a crack in the sidewalk and flew over the ears
1f47b.png
1f602.png

I laughed

chrisbunny.jpg

Nasty snow and ice buildup almost melted off, then another 6" of snow on top of that earlier this week.

Gets to be a lot of weight on the roofs.

Screenshot_20230121-010236_Gallery.jpg

20230120_181028.jpg

Last edited:
Snow is almost all gone here, but we are supposed to get another dump tomorrow. :BangHead:
With any luck it won't be around long, assuming that the weather guessers are right about next week.

We haven't had a large amount of winter snow for several years, as bad as I hate dealing with it, it's really needed, it's been horribly dry here, our rivers, ponds,creeks,marsh areas are all dried up.

then, we have horrible grassland fires farmers need to grow crops, aquifer is empty, bad deal all around ..Just don't need it all at once !

we are setting 200 year snow falls every week

We haven't had a large amount of winter snow for several years, as bad as I hate dealing with it, it's really needed, it's been horribly dry here, our rivers, ponds,creeks,marsh areas are all dried up.

then, we have horrible grassland fires farmers need to grow crops, aquifer is empty, bad deal all around ..Just don't need it all at once !

we are setting 200 year snow falls every week
Been very dry here for a couple years as well, same issues with grassland fires, plus wildfires in forested areas, we do get a fair amount of runoff from the mountains in the spring, and have hundreds of miles of irrigation canals along with reservoirs to help with agriculture.

To replace the gas tank in a 54 Chevy wagon, I had to unbolt the shackles and lower the rear end. Shop manual said, “use a floor jack to raise the rear end to reattach the shackles” - lying bastards. The arch of the springs made it impossible. After a lot of cussing and head scratching, I devised a solution the guy above would like.

I put a rock bar under each rear wheel with a large rachet strap under bar. Then I lowered the car and watched to see when the springs stopped compressing.

At that point I wrapped the rachet strap and pulled the spring down until I could reattach the shackles. Sketchy as hell. :) But it worked.
1674351512679.jpeg

To replace the gas tank in a 54 Chevy wagon, I had to unbolt the shackles and lower the rear end. Shop manual said, “use a floor jack to raise the rear end to reattach the shackles” - lying bastards. The arch of the springs made it impossible. After a lot of cussing and head scratching, I devised a solution the guy above would like.

I put a rock bar under each rear wheel with a large rachet strap under bar. Then I lowered the car and watched to see when the springs stopped compressing.

At that point I wrapped the rachet strap and pulled the spring down until I could reattach the shackles. Sketchy as hell. :) But it worked.
View attachment 1716037959
Thinking outside the box
:thumbsup:

-
Back