Random pictures thread

-
1990 Subaru Sambar Kei truck from Japan. Clover 4 cyl engine, carburetor. How hard could it be to work on?

1. Engine is in the back, under the bed.
2. Radiator and AC is mostly under the cab, or the front of the bed.
3. Every screw, bolt, hose is metric, as well as the fuel line (can’t just get a filter off the shelf).
4. Parts have to be imported from Japan$$,
5. A good shop manual does not exist. The only one you can get (at least, in English) is worse than a Haynes manual.
6. No one nearby knows how to work on it.

But it’s a 4cyl with a carb… on a 660 engine. How complicated can it be? I took a couple of covers off the engine to see it better. Photo from the top.
IMG_7249.jpeg

:rofl: :rofl:

Bought this in 1978 - my first car! Haven't raced it in over 30 years. Been sitting in my garage all that time. Lots of dust!!

Now he's loading up to go to his new home!!
20230922_165748.jpg

1990 Subaru Sambar Kei truck from Japan. Clover 4 cyl engine, carburetor. How hard could it be to work on?

1. Engine is in the back, under the bed.
2. Radiator and AC is mostly under the cab, or the front of the bed.
3. Every screw, bolt, hose is metric, as well as the fuel line (can’t just get a filter off the shelf).
4. Parts have to be imported from Japan$$,
5. A good shop manual does not exist. The only one you can get (at least, in English) is worse than a Haynes manual.
6. No one nearby knows how to work on it.

But it’s a 4cyl with a carb… on a 660 engine. How complicated can it be? I took a couple of covers off the engine to see it better. Photo from the top.
View attachment 1716145193
:rofl: :rofl:

My neighbor bought one for his autistic 16 year old son. He road it around the neighborhood last summer, now it's all torn apart in their garage. Been like that for months.

Okay this is just "random luck"
I'm stacking a cord of wood today.
I didn't put the 2 prices of wood on the stack at the same time...but I put it's split match directly on top of it as I finished the next row.
I have 2 lotto tickets in my truck, hopefully they'll be lucky ones.

IMG_20230923_142603545_HDR.jpg

I was up at my friend's house today and remembered the fabo random pictures thread.
Just a great view in Washington state.

IMG_20230923_164315356_HDR.jpg

Getting ready to replace the power steering box since I have a massive leak so I’m getting my core stripped and down to send back

2F5642CF-1F9D-44B1-9DD6-8F753BA99C80.jpeg

E412F359-6B2E-46B2-918C-93AEE127FCF0.jpeg

I wish I could take a picture of the sound of my wife snoring but I think it might hurt lol

-
Back