Random pictures thread

-
1695649464554.png

That black one, my brother had one like it 72-73ish, I think called the 'Stranger'? We were poor in rural Alabama, so he traded it off...he needed a car to drive, not something for the 1/4 mile. I always liked that look, square body and especially the inverted triangle C-pillar, I guess you'd call it?

The Big Daddy! Nice! I'm a little jealous, as I prefer to fish "big water" (Mille Lacs, Leech Lake, Lake of the Woods, Winnibigoshish, etc), and I owned two ProV's (a 1775 tiller and a 1875 console) before I moved up to a 1950 Tyee years ago. Had to sell it when I got divorced, but I'll be retiring soon, and I'm starting to look around again.

(Damn! That's a nice boat!)

My neighbor bought one for his autistic 16 year old son. He road it around the neighborhood last summer, now it's all torn apart in their garage. Been like that for months.
Mine became hard to start, then started falling on its face when driving above 30 mph. I suspected the accel pump, but it doesn’t appear to have that. Then the gas pedal cable started sticking.

I lubed the cable and carb linkages, had to use ether to start it, and now it falls on its face above 10 mph and tries to die.

Back to YouTube. Damn carb has 2 solenoids (one easy to get to, one a *****) and a vacuum dammit that looks like a distributer part, and any, or all could be the problem.

Today or tomorrow, I’ll check the electric fuel pump, then the vacuum dammit, then the solenoids. After that, it’s order parts from Japan. Doing that is a whole new adventure.

Got to admit, for all its problems, it does what I need and was cheaper than a Polaris. When it runs, I like it.

Halloween decorating season has begun. Just a small start indoors. 1/48th scale, 40” wide. Fun to do and interesting to look at. Sits on the side cupboard in the dining room.

CCF3A7B7-1BA2-45B4-ADEA-0DCAF20D3335.jpeg

Mine became hard to start, then started falling on its face when driving above 30 mph. I suspected the accel pump, but it doesn’t appear to have that. Then the gas pedal cable started sticking.

I lubed the cable and carb linkages, had to use ether to start it, and now it falls on its face above 10 mph and tries to die.

Back to YouTube. Damn carb has 2 solenoids (one easy to get to, one a *****) and a vacuum dammit that looks like a distributer part, and any, or all could be the problem.

Today or tomorrow, I’ll check the electric fuel pump, then the vacuum dammit, then the solenoids. After that, it’s order parts from Japan. Doing that is a whole new adventure.

Got to admit, for all its problems, it does what I need and was cheaper than a Polaris. When it runs, I like it.

Next time i catch my neighbor outside I'll stop and ask him what's going on with his. I think he dabbles a little but I don't think he's an experienced mechanic type guy. If I can find the time I'd help him out.

Very coo
I recently went to see the site of the shipwreck Peter Iredale, ran ashore in 1906. She was a 284' sail ship from Liverpool England, headed for Portland Oregon. Before she could be towed back to sea, she tipped over a little bit, preventing the rescue. Crazy thing, this was the first time I've actually been there to see it, and it's practically in my back yard!

Show us what you've got! Share your pictures below!
Site, been playing on that old girl through the years whenever storms and tides reveal her. A benefit of being local...

-
Back