Random pictures thread

-
3DAE8465-1E79-442C-96B5-4101F2B7F5FA.jpeg

Something else that just occured to me:

Do radial engines "torque over" (my term)? Obviously I know they have "torque", but you know how your V8 "torques over" when you blip the throttle by hand?

Now I know these aren't practical road bikes, but just imagine riding one, and then revving her up a bit when you're doing, say 50 MPH...

Something else that just occured to me:

Do radial engines "torque over" (my term)? Obviously I know they have "torque", but you know how your V8 "torques over" when you blip the throttle by hand?

Now I know these aren't practical road bikes, but just imagine riding one, and then revving her up a bit when you're doing, say 50 MPH...
That's an interesting question. Maybe there's a clue in this video. It shows a half-moon counterweight on the crankshaft that, I assume, will act to counteract some of that roational torque. Also, the rods and pistons are moving in opposite directions on opposite sides of the engine, which could also balance those forces. I'm just guessing though.
how does a radial engine work - Google Search

No rotational mass to worry about here:

Food for thought:
At 11 seconds, your car needs certified restraints and a cage... but a bike in the 4s?? Nada. How do you even hang on...?

-
Back