Random pictures thread

-
1698078639794.png

1698078666952.png

More semi-airborne A Body :D

To all of the small engine guys-
Thanks for the input. I got it back together with the choke and stuff working. It has only had non-alcohol gas since it became available in this area (at Walmart), and it NEVER started worth a damn since it was brand new. 2 different Stihl “mechanics” tried and gave up over the years.

So far, this new carb has it running the best it ever has. Hope that trend holds.

To all of the small engine guys-
Thanks for the input. I got it back together with the choke and stuff working. It has only had non-alcohol gas since it became available in this area (at Walmart), and it NEVER started worth a damn since it was brand new. 2 different Stihl “mechanics” tried and gave up over the years.

So far, this new carb has it running the best it ever has. Hope that trend holds.
My Stihl likes a few pulls with choke fully closed and then open it up for a pull till it starts. Usually 4 pulls total.

My Stihl likes a few pulls with choke fully closed and then open it up for a pull till it starts. Usually 4 pulls total.
That sounds like mine. 2 pulls w/choke, and then 1 pull (sometimes 2) w/o choke. Takes a bit for it to warm up and idle smooth, but once it does it could sit there all day if I let it.

That sounds like mine. 2 pulls w/choke, and then 1 pull (sometimes 2) w/o choke. Takes a bit for it to warm up and idle smooth, but once it does it could sit there all day if I let it.
You guys are killing me. My Stihl has been such a PITA, I have come to believe the word “Stihl” is German slang for “won’t start.”:BangHead:

Right now it appears the factory carb has been defective since Day 1.

You guys are killing me. My Stihl has been such a PITA, I have come to believe the word “Stihl” is German slang for “won’t start.”:BangHead:

Well, if it helps...

Mine wouldn't start for **** when I first got it, so I took it back to the Dealer and had them give 'er a quick once over while I watched. Turned out that two of the fuel lines were crossed, and the choke wasn't hooked-up, from the factory. I wanted to ask how it got through their (the Dealer's) Start-up and QC, but I figured it was running, the price was right (they did this for free), and I didn't want to be That Guy.

Ever since then she's run like a champ!

That is, until I dropped a tree on it this past spring and had to rebuild it....

Last edited:

Stihls can be finicky, but if you want to talk about a complete PITA, get a Poulan. Never again. Stihls and Huskies for years now, no major complaints.

Been running Stihls for over 30 years now... absolutely zero issues with my 3 x 026's or my 391 with a 20" bar. This afternoon as matter of fact... 90 year old Red Oak.

20231023_155315.jpg

20231023_155727.jpg

20231023_155822.jpg

20231023_160657.jpg

-
Back