Random pictures thread

-
Here's one for the slant guys.
20231222_112722.jpg

I've lived in Florida for 7 weeks now (from the Detroit area). Somebody pinch me getting used to being able to be out and about with your car at Christmas. Went to a cruise this afternoon - took the avatar Demon - and was with a whole bunch of newfound car buddies. Perfect weather, lots of great cars, and really lovin' it here!
20231223_171543.jpg

I've lived in Florida for 7 weeks now (from the Detroit area). Somebody pinch me getting used to being able to be out and about with your car at Christmas. Went to a cruise this afternoon - took the avatar Demon - and was with a whole bunch of newfound car buddies. Perfect weather, lots of great cars, and really lovin' it here!
View attachment 1716182323
Enjoy the weather now. Come May it will become miserably hot and humid. Love that Demon !

Just wait till it rains every day...for weeks or months.

Only an hour or two, but every day.

...and it's 100% humidity...but it's not raining!

be sure to tour the Garllits Race museum . If you haven't done so already. Worth every penny.

^^^ Thanks Rat Rod Al and YY1 for your insights. I think you (Al) just left Florida and not sure where you (YY1) live in FL.
My wife and I have spent about 6 weeks/yr in FL for the last 6-7 years - spring, summer, fall and winter. We love it here! We're trading 8 months of cold and oftentimes 40+ days straight not seeing the sun in Jan/Feb for this FL stuff. I figure the summers here are like the winters in Detroit...except not nearly as long and miserable. If it's too hot, we're blessed to have a pool to jump into! My old bones have a lot of years of cold to make up for so here we are!! And the car culture in our local area is amazing! I hit the jackpot!!

^^^ Thanks Rat Rod Al and YY1 for your insights. I think you (Al) just left Florida and not sure where you (YY1) live in FL.
My wife and I have spent about 6 weeks/yr in FL for the last 6-7 years - spring, summer, fall and winter. We love it here! We're trading 8 months of cold and oftentimes 40+ days straight not seeing the sun in Jan/Feb for this FL stuff. I figure the summers here are like the winters in Detroit...except not nearly as long and miserable. If it's too hot, we're blessed to have a pool to jump into! My old bones have a lot of years of cold to make up for so here we are!! And the car culture in our local area is amazing! I hit the jackpot!!

Yes. I was done with minus 25 degree Ohio winters in 1988.

Last edited:
-
Back