Random pictures thread

-
No that's that silly no prep thing ..
Stupid2.jpg

imagine Americans attempting this

View attachment 1716192554
Yeah, wouldn’t happen here in North America. Problem is most drivers here view having a drivers license as a right instead of a privilege. The requirements to obtain one is super low and the lack of any recurrency training here in North America means drivers skill/knowledge level only degrades over time. And it’s certainly not high to start with.

Yeah, wouldn’t happen here in North America. Problem is most drivers here view having a drivers license as a right instead of a privilege. The requirements to obtain one is super low and the lack of any recurrency training here in North America means drivers skill/knowledge level only degrades over time. And it’s certainly not high to start with.
Hell, they're giving them away to illegals.

This is our "icing condition" in Richmond, Texas today, just southwest of Houston. It's 23 degrees F outside. People are staying home. My barber's shop isn't open. :rolleyes:

20240116_093123.jpg

Hmm... when we hit 23*F, the beaches open back up.
View attachment 1716193113
I did a so-called "Polar Plunge" at the National Forest Lodge up near Ely, MN a few years back....at -15*! As cold as it was, at least the water was warmer than the air.

And thank God they have a sauna right there near the shoreline!

I did a so-called "Polar Plunge" at the National Forest Lodge up near Ely, MN a few years back....at -15*! As cold as it was, at least the water was warmer than the air.

And thank God they have a sauna right there near the shoreline!
:thumbsup: Ely, Grand Marais, etc. are some of my favorite places in the world (got family in G.M.)- and if you've got a wood-fired sauna up there, you're livin' the life! I'm starting to have my doubts about the 6 months of winter and snow up to the eaves, though. Guess I'm getting old.
Did the plunge once years ago when I was young and dumb... once is enough. I think it took a week for my nads to drop back down outta my chest.

-
Back