Random pictures thread

-
March 1977

ON THIS DAY IN 1977: The Francis Scott Key Bridge (I-695) opened to traffic as the final link in I-695 (the Baltimore Beltway). Shown here during its construction period that began in 1972, the 1.6 mile Key Bridge crosses over the Patapsco River. Scholars believe the span crosses within 100 yards of the site where Francis Scott Key witnessed the bombardment of Fort McHenry on the evening of Sept. 12, 1814. That battle inspired Key to write the words of the Star Spangled Banner.

1711548147656.png

Did any of you know poults can "fly up" very early in life? I think this is a great picture of a great Mom

IMG_4248.PNG

Last edited:
I really like that too, but being a two door I can't imagine the third row seats ever get used!
True, but...who cares! I mean, look at it! It's really cool, IMO! (I'm a truck guy....)

I'd really like to either, A) Know what this is so I could look for another one, or B) Track this one down.

Found it! Or one really similar....

That was on ebay a while ago.

There was also a red one around the same time.

It's a long held tradition in Texas to take photos of your kids surrounded by Bluebonnets, Indian Paint Brushes and other wild flowers along the roadside in the spring. My wife pouted until I finally pulled over to let her take photos of herself. I refused to get out and take the photos, thinking it a little too childish for a big guy like me.
28283.jpeg

So, a little later, after having endured her shaming me for being too uptight and not letting my inner child express himself, I decided to pull over and have my own go at the wild flowers. I chose a thistle bush.
28281.jpeg

It's a long held tradition in Texas to take photos of your kids surrounded by Bluebonnets, Indian Paint Brushes and other wild flowers along the roadside in the spring. My wife pouted until I finally pulled over to let her take photos of herself. I refused to get out and take the photos, thinking it a little too childish for a big guy like me.
View attachment 1716228001

So, a little later, after having endured her shaming me for being too uptight and not letting my inner child express himself, I decided to pull over and have my own go at the wild flowers. I chose a thistle bush.
View attachment 1716228002
Uh, nice...smile? :lol:

-
Back