Random poll

conversation starters

• Total voters
-
Wow I can't even check off one box:(

Does owning my dad's car count as still owning my first car?

I still own my first A body car. My first car ever was an E body and good riddance to that. If I had known A bodies are the absolute best car ever made, my first car would have been an A body.

Since I started driving, I have yet to drive an auto, 3 and 4 speed is all I've ever had.

I learned to drive on my dad's A56, 69 340/ 4 speed cuda.

The technically my 340 swinger wasn't my first car probably my third or fourth I have owned it since St Patty's day 1978 it is a 4-speed car so I can check that box and with crappy tires I could go through three gears in a burnout after my upgrades and 391rear end no problem.

1st car 1967 coronet 440 with 318 auto
2nd car 1968 Roadrunner with 383 auto
3rd car 1968 Charger 383 auto
4th car 1969 GTX 440 4 speed
5th car 1968 dodge dart 318 4 speed (currently own)

Wow I can't even check off one box:(

Does owning my dad's car count as still owning my first car?

What your going to want to do is hold your foot on the brake and mash the go pedal until it shifts into high gear.

you can put fuel line over a needle nose vise grip to clamp off the rear brake hose.
waiting for a rainy day or putting water down will also help.

What your going to want to do is hold your foot on the brake and mash the go pedal until it shifts into high gear

319,000 mile (150,000 on last rebuild) 273 2bbl.

Only way to spin a tire is by turning right in the rain with oil on the road!

:lol:

First Car.... '41 Packard, long gone First good car.... '57 Chevy First Mopar..... '65 Belv.... still have the 426w motor
A833 4spd.... You bet, with Liberty's help
Gears... I bet I ran lower gears with a big block than most anyone here unless they were a NHRA stock class racer
Pre 1976.... that's all there was when I was young

Last edited:
I checked off three, will get number four when I get to shift the four speed, under its own power.

First car 69 340 swinger 4 speed 3.55 sure grip stripe delete car with a street hemi grind camshaft. Solid rubber through 3 gears and 4 feet into 4th. Stupid fun car.

I'm kind of surprised how many have driven the 1000+ miles.
curious if it was recent or back in the day?

My Barracuda is the first car that I owned, I've had it sense 1985, I have taken it to Oregon twice 1100 miles each way, first trip was in 2009 at 2175 miles and the second in 2019 at 2255 miles. I also purchased a car sight unseen and drove it 1320 miles home.

A friend had a 1980 Trans Am, fun car, I'll stick to Mopars

Alan

I drove my dads 74 valiant from north of Boston to Chattanooga Tennessee straight through and back again a week later when I was eighteen. A yearly event to visit my grandma for a week. That was in 1980. By dad bought that car brand new. Drove like a dream with power steering and slant six. I learned to drive on it. Remember it like yesterday. Speed limit? I don’t think there was one or at the very least it was 75 on the highway.

-
Back