Rani, this is for you

-
that looks sweet

I sure hope you used color coded battery cable in it though

(sorry Rainy, couldn't resist)

I saw that one recently on facebook ...not sure where but I am in the wagons group and the long roof society. I love wagons

Rani says: WAGONS!!!!

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 7.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 287
  • 6.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 264
  • 5.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 256
  • 4.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 274
  • 3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 270
  • 2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 273
  • 1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 261
^^^ Love these wagons,Tony Fields! ^^^^^^. Love the o.p.'s photoshop work, Rani has some tasty as well( young lady, love the mild yellow/ wood paneling combo, the Mopar road wheels tie it together..)

what happened to the days when wagons were kings of the road.

Attachments

• wagon2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 184
  • wagon 1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 166
what happened to the days when wagons were kings of the road.

1984 chrysler released the MINIVAN, station wagon sales were on a decline, mini van BIG HIT, then minivan sale got smashed by the SUV now several of the new SUV's are tall station wagons

Also the family has gotten smaller in many cultures so no need to the big people movers. I am one of 4 children but most the people I know have 2 or less children. And yes mom & dad had a few station wagons. I would like to have the 1954 ranch wagon 2 door that they had but that might have been before my time. 1961 country squire wagon black with red interior that I took the cigerette lighter and burned rings into the front seat

That is what happened

1984 chrysler released the MINIVAN, station wagon sales were on a decline, mini van BIG HIT, then minivan sale got smashed by the SUV now several of the new SUV's are tall station wagons

Also the family has gotten smaller in many cultures so no need to the big people movers. I am one of 4 children but most the people I know have 2 or less children. And yes mom & dad had a few station wagons. I would like to have the 1954 ranch wagon 2 door that they had but that might have been before my time. 1961 country squire wagon black with red interior that I took the cigerette lighter and burned rings into the front seat

That is what happened

yea, that is interesting. I wasn't born till the mid-80s so I missed all of that but it sure would have been cool to see the days when the wagon was king.

I have noticed more interest in wagons from people my age and younger. Maybe they are making a come back ?? I think the wagon is one of the better ideas and really a four door sedan is the same car without the "back pack" and its really a waste of cargo room the sedan could have had.

I prefer 4 door wagons to 2 door only because the 2 door is not really practical. Many know I have a 68 coronet wagon and I intend to save it. most of the older generational people have assumed I was going to part it out, yet my age and younger "that's badass" lol

Even my parents said they didn't like the wagon because it reminded them of days of being stuffed in the back with a bunch of siblings and heading out to family vacations LOL

I would love to drive my old wagon down route 66 someday. :glasses1:

^^^ Love these wagons,Tony Fields! ^^^^^^. Love the o.p.'s photoshop work, Rani has some tasty as well( young lady, love the mild yellow/ wood paneling combo, the Mopar road wheels tie it together..)

I like them all but IMO the B-body wagons absolutely rule

Attachments

• Plymouth196909F.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 157
  • mopp_0305_02_z+1969_plymouth_sport_satellite+front_left.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 153
  • images.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 137
  • i255959.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 6227017280_cd02d9007c_z.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 2724531433_4eeaf8682d.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 18607262-700-0.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 1969-plymouth-satellite-7-passenger-wagon-americanlisted_31307141.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 170
  • $_57[4]%20(7).jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 162
I think this happened, Rani:

View attachment 1714833032

Though I think MommaCat may be closer to the mark. She said "Minivans happened."

I would drive that ....mainly because I am a huge Chevy Chase Fan .....All American Dad, fun family adventures..... couldn't get any better.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2014-01-08-at-1_20_24-PM.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 132
My 2006 Magnum SRT-8.

Attachments

• SRT-8 005.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 141
  • SRT-8 004.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 134
  • Blasting down the front straight.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 116
While growing up my parents had a string of station wagons that I first rode in the back of and then eventually got to drive, first a 57 New Yorker, then a 63 Olds 88, then a 66 Fury III. Most of my friends families had a wagon of some kind back then too, they were everywhere.

I have always liked wagons, partially for their utility aspect, and so have owned a string of them over the years, mostly but not all Chevys. I've also had Dodge vans over the years for the same reason, to haul stuff. I've had 3 A100s and two B300s.

In 59 when I was 8 years old I saw the hood open on the 57 New Yorker, I was just tall enough to see the engine, I remember looking at that 392 and thinking "wow, that thing is huge!" I was also surprised that you could see the ground under the engine, For some reason I thought it would be a closed compartment like the trunk.

And I, too, took the cigarette lighter and made circular burn marks on the plastic seat covers.

View attachment 1714832700

My dad had a 72 Monaco 4 door hardtop, very nice car. This wagon looks modified some but tastefully done

I would drive it

I saw this car at a cruise-in while visiting our kids in Phoenix a few years ago, it was a very cool car and very well done.

I always think of my Dad when I see these wagons, since he had a love affair with them. His 58 Plymouth with a 325 Dodge hemi was the coolest though.

I learned to drive in a 1973 Chrysler Town & Country wagon with a 440 under the hood. Man was that thing huge first time behind the wheel. But ran real good for it's size.

I had some fun with my old turbo mini van......I think I like wagons better.

Attachments

• Caravan 004.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Caravan 009.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Drag01.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Caravan 023.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 97
whenever I think of a dodge caravan I cant help but think of the famous youtube turbo van.

I am not a huge mini van fan but this is just cool

Last edited by a moderator:
-
Back