rans cooler question 63 dart, 72 duster etc

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
here's the question. I have 63 dart slan, the trans is a 64 904, it has a slant rad out of 72 slant duster. this is a good rad. I picked up from f riend. I have been piecing his car together. I have a 72 slant duster and it looks like the trans cooler line for that car will fit the 63. does anyone have any experience with such as this?????

i'm getting OLD and wore out and really don't want to wrestle the lines out of the duster to see!!!!!!

i'm already pooped today from changing out the old tarns cooler line from the 65 slant dart. the old lines had been spliced ( PO) with rubber hose. I had a repop line from classic ind, that had been sitting around a while. it does not fit!!!! NO way. it has correct rad. LOL

look up the repo market & see what years of trans coolers interchange--- the only difference might be the spacing from the radiator-- the engine trans -stuff are the same ,Lawrence

from just eye balling it, I think the duster narrow rad, w/ slant, trans lines will work. the difference between the early A slant rad, and the 70 up slant A rad, is the position of the cooler line nipples, and distance between them and the placement. I will measure distance from rad to fittings at tranny to see what that tells me. is the same distance as the early A, I should be able to make work.
from just eyeballing the 72 duster, looks like the left side engine mount sits pretty much same position as the early A even though different k frames.
I will call inline tube fine lines etc and see what they think.

-
Back