Rant;Mancini and shipping

-
one of the things that burns my *** about some online retailers is you do not know what the shipping will cost until it is to late. i have purchased stuff on line, that by itself is less money than some place else, but by the time they get done sticking the shipping up your a.. it is more costly than going local....

Gee!! I have had nothing but good luck with Mancini over the years. If I can I always go to Mancini over Summit or Jegs. I ask for a discount and always get enough of one to at least cover the shipping.

i got push rods from comp cam talk to the tech guy for 35 min. with him going out on the floor and finding what i need. i was on the road so i told him to give me the part # and when i got home the push rods was ball/ball for a ford 302 so i called back and he was gone told the other tech guy what he (the other ) guy had did he said just dont sign for them let them come back and ill get it right.i called summit and ordered the comp mag. push rods.so when they came sent them back comp took 15.00 from my acc. both ways 30.00 total i call and talk **** they said we will put it back in to your acc. the tech guy said you didnt tell him ball/cup..now this was 3 weeks later and i had forgot about it a little and they called me but this guy siad that he remm. me and i didnt ask for ball/cup but they talk to 1000's of people a week and he remm. me.. i never got my money and call and told them to keep it when i use your stuff it will be through someone else..plus its cheaper with a warehouse dealer most of the time...so comp :thebirdm:

I agree you have issues with all at some time but its all in how they handle it and for that reason I only use summit and my local parts store for the everyday neesecities.I do use some other sources but its rare,I have avoided mancinis though since a friend of mine went through exactly the same stuff thats been desribed here.He bought a offset shackle kit and it took forever to show up,he called a lot and got the excuse that they hadnt filled the order when he already had been charged.When it shows up some four weeks later its missing parts,he calls again and they say they were not in stock so he waits another two weeks at which point they show up and are not the correct size bushing he orderd.They were always rude to him and needless to say he was pissed,and to top it off this was in the summer when hes trying to get his car on the road,that was enough for me.

Just talked to them this week. asked for a shipping quote for a Centerforce Clutch Kit With Bearing And Tool. $75.00 Bucks Shipped USPS As I Asked It To Be Shipped This Way. They Emailed My Quote Back To Me That Day. I Will Be Ordering One Soon. Still Way Cheaper Than Here Across The Boarder. The Kit Is $359.00 Up Here Its $800 Plus Tax. With Our Dollar Being Strong This Will Make For Big Savings. They Were Very Good In The Past For Me. But I Always Call To Order, Never Online.

Just talked to them this week. asked for a shipping quote for a Centerforce Clutch Kit With Bearing And Tool. $75.00 Bucks Shipped USPS As I Asked It To Be Shipped This Way. They Emailed My Quote Back To Me That Day. I Will Be Ordering One Soon. Still Way Cheaper Than Here Across The Boarder. The Kit Is $359.00 Up Here Its $800 Plus Tax. With Our Dollar Being Strong This Will Make For Big Savings. They Were Very Good In The Past For Me. But I Always Call To Order, Never Online.

be sure you're not talking about a clutch/plate 'with kit'=$359 or/and just the bearing and tool for 75$?

the bearing from centerforce is pricey.

So after I posted looking for books in the wanted section somone told me that Macicni had them on sale. So I ordered them. Knowing the UPS sucks on international shipping,I made the only non ups shipping choice there was. First class mail. So Mancin sends the reciept after shipping. $30 to ship 2 books!!!!! I was NEVER given the option to cancel. This has happened before with a company called Musiciansfriend.Seems to be a common theme for sucking people in with a low price and then raping them on the shipping.

I tried repeatedly to cancel the order. No responce. Sent 3 emails.No reponce. The books arrived yesterday and finally I recieve a responce today from Dan Angelini claiming he was out of his office. How convenient. And he simply said "the price is the price".

I am done with them.Too bad for them too seeing as how my project is just beginning. I think Summit will get my business. At least they are up front about shipping.

I agree. It is weird ordering parts and not being able to factor shipping into your budget, they email you a few days later to say how much shipping will be. I would much rather know right when I order especially if I have a budget and need to order from multiple places. I have not seen the different shipping options but it has been awhile since I ordered.

I will say they once screwed up an order but it was to my benefit.

I ordered Caltracs from Mancini for my Duster. I asked them on the phone if they came with the leaf spring shock mounting plates. They said no they don't. So I ordered plates for $80. Guess what? They did. Anyone need a set? I also got porked on the shipping.

I've had good luck with them. True, their website can't calculate shipping. If it's a concern, you could always call. Never had a problem with returns whether they were Mancini's fault or mine.

On a pulley problem, I was able to call and talk to a guy who went and measured the pulley to make sure I got the right one. Pretty helpful as far as I'm concerned.

I must say that I also buy a lot from Summit. They do have shipping costs available online, but good luck calling them with questions about a Mopar. All they seem to know is what's in the computer. Also never had a problem with Summit, except when stuff is out of stock their "expected" date keeps moving further and further away.

Either of them ships really quick - I usually get my parts in two days.

I live a few miles from Mancini.

I am not going to argue with anyone's claims here because dealing with a lot of retailers remotely can be very frustrating.

But I will say, I sometimes dont know how they do it.
It's not a huge place, but they have a huge clientele, and are constantly running, so I could see where sometimes there are mixups and they might not be so responsive to emails and stuff like that.

But I'll tell ya, they've always treated me well and done the right thing if there ever was a problem. Most of my mopars have a good deal of parts from mancini on them. Whenever I walk in there, I dont even necessarily have to know a part number. they usually know what I'm talking about and come out form the back with it in a couple minutes.

What I amm most curious about is has anyone called them up and patiently tries to remedy an issue with them? With all the people they deal with every day (some of them quite rude) I can see where sometimes they might have a chip on their shoulder here and there. We're all only human.

This of course isnt intended to justify foulups or anything, but it's just intended to clarify on what I observe when I walk in there. I dont know how they keep up.

I'm thankful I have them so close by. Especially with all the other outlets closing down around me, it's becoming really hard to get the things I need, but mancini has alwasy come through for me.

I agree they shou8ld be a little more up front about the shipping. Maybe they have a system where they dont know until the order is placed? I dunno about that. But I agree with the shipping frustrations.

I'm glad I can just walk in.
Might I suggest next time your in there that you tell them you belong to a large mopar web sight and have been noticing a lot of complaints directed their way. Maybe that will convince them to step it up a bit. Let's face it we need as many reputable suppliers as we can find.

Might I suggest next time your in there that you tell them you belong to a large mopar web sight and have been noticing a lot of complaints directed their way. Maybe that will convince them to step it up a bit. Let's face it we need as many reputable suppliers as we can find.

I agree. But tell Mancini this ain't no tiny web site. Let them know there's 12,771 members here that read the negative feedback. Maybe then they'll shape up.

Wylde1.

I agree. But tell Mancini this ain't no tiny web site. Let them know there's 12,771 members here that read the negative feedback. Maybe then they'll shape up.

Wylde1.

Or the'll just ignore the email....I am done with them.

Bought from Summit asked for USPS paid the handling charge of 9.95 when I recieved found actual shipping 22.95. No complaints.

I will definitely mention it the next time I am there.
Pretty soon I'm gonna need some main and head studs....

-
Back