"Rascal" The 1976 Plymouth Feather Duster

-

MeucciGarage

Mopars Unlimited Seattle
Reaction score
Rascal is my 1976 Plymouth Feather Duster powered by a slant 6 complimented with a 4 speed transmission. With the exception of a few dents and bruises here and there the car is straight. He has some cancer in the driver side rear quarter panel and some small holes in the floor board but nothing i cant handle. The first things that will be getting replaced are the ball bearings and tie rods and after that new floor boards, carpeting and headliner. All pictures taken so far were taken on 11-22-2014

Attachments

• whole car 11-22-2014.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,277
  • passenger headliner 11-22-2014.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,050
  • passenger side fender dent 11-22-2014.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,019
  • passenger floorboard 11-22-2014.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,012
  • Driver side rear quarter rust 11-22-2014.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,062
  • dash 11-22-2014.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,066
  • driver seat view 11-22-2014.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,092
  • slant 6 11-22-2014.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,051
The trans mission is also has an aluminum case and tailshaft :glasses7:

The trans mission is also has an aluminum case and tailshaft :glasses7:

awesome thank you for the information. like i said in my welcome wagon im 18 and its my first muscle car so im learning and becoming wiser. the more ya know the wiser you are

Be sure to use lead when you fix the rust and dents (snicker).

Can you post photos of the aluminum bumper supports?

Be sure to use lead when you fix the rust and dents (snicker).

Can you post photos of the aluminum bumper supports?

What does the led to exactly? thanks for the tip tho!

i will post pictures when i pick up the car from my buddys house on saturday 12-20-2014 i will make sure i get some of the supports for you.

Alright guys my budget is back up and the build will begin and i will be posting more pictures and updates from here on out but for now here is some candid shots so you have a better view of the car and some pictures i like haha :)

Attachments

• IMG_1327.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 899
  • tailights.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 855
  • front end 12-30-14.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 885
  • Candid Driver side 12-30-14.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 866
  • Candid Driver side rear 12-30-14.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 859
  • back seat 12-30-14.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 874
  • passenger side 12-30-14.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 870
  • Interior from Driver SideCluster out 12-30-14.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 873
  • My Dusters 12-30-2014.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 878
Hey guys first update to Rascal is a new headlight switch so that i have all working lights and am officially street legal haha

Attachments

• old and new headlight switches 1-30-15.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 869
  • Cluster out 1-30-15.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 901
Congrats on your Feather Duster. You will have a lot of fun working on it and driving it. Enjoy!

Those /6s are great cars to learn on. Since yours is a 76 you should have hyd lifters so no valve adjustments but depending on how long the car sat it might be a good idea to rebuild the carb. My car would die off idle until I rebuilt the carb. Some of the best money I've spent on the car. Both from a reliability stand point and a learning stand point.

Those /6s are great cars to learn on. Since yours is a 76 you should have hyd lifters so no valve adjustments but depending on how long the car sat it might be a good idea to rebuild the carb. My car would die off idle until I rebuilt the carb. Some of the best money I've spent on the car. Both from a reliability stand point and a learning stand point.

awesome thank you for the tip! right now im having trouble getting him to turn over :/ having electrical issues. full explanation in a different thread i started.

I'll look for that thread. I ran into some issues when I first got my /6 up and running. Between the intake leak, 1970 wires and the distributor being a tooth off its a shock that it ran at all lol. Just a testament to how reliable these little motors are.

Welcome, you don't see many Feather Dusters, glad it found you. Don't be afraid to ask for help here. Young people like you are what will keep these great cars around in the future.

Welcome, you don't see many Feather Dusters, glad it found you. Don't be afraid to ask for help here. Young people like you are what will keep these great cars around in the future.

ya im excited and not afraid to ask for help haha its a fun car practically a steal! the guy i bought it from had to identical ones on the outside but diff. interiors. and ended up buying this one (in better shape of the 2) for 500!

Should have bought both if there were that cheep lol. Have one for a DD now and the other be a wild street or race car as you make more money.

Should have bought both if there were that cheep lol. Have one for a DD now and the other be a wild street or race car as you make more money.

i wish haha i offered 800 for the pair cuz the other one didnt even run and needed lots of rust work like more than mine haha willing to 500 for both he wouldnt budge he loved the other one to much and was determined to fix it but i dont think he ever will.

As you get into mopars more youll see tons of cars that have rotted away because guys thought they would rebuild them one day.

Looks like a nice starting point for a project. Good luck with it,
C

jos51700 asked for photos of the aluminum bumper reinforcement a while back.
The regular steel version weighs a LOT more. '75 & '76 use the shock absorber style bumper brackets while '74 & older had "regular" brackets.

I have a Dart Lite hood and trunk lid on my race car, but then added weight to get it to a class minimum.

A few articles you might be interested in:

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog...-a-light-weight-1976-plymouth-feather-duster/

(FYI, Dusters never came from the factory with that hood scoop!)

http://plymouthduster.webs.com/

http://www.allpar.com/cars/plymouth/duster.html

Attachments

• Feather Duster front bumper 001.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 767
  • Feather Duster front bumper 002.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 710
  • Feather Duster front bumper 003.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 719
  • Feather Duster front bumper 004.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 726
jos51700 asked for photos of the aluminum bumper reinforcement a while back.
The regular steel version weighs a LOT more. '75 & '76 use the shock absorber style bumper brackets while '74 & older had "regular" brackets.

I have a Dart Lite hood and trunk lid on my race car, but then added weight to get it to a class minimum.

A few articles you might be interested in:

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog...-a-light-weight-1976-plymouth-feather-duster/

(FYI, Dusters never came from the factory with that hood scoop!)

http://plymouthduster.webs.com/

http://www.allpar.com/cars/plymouth/duster.html

awesome thank you for those pics! i felt bad for not having gotten pics up but havent had the time to take the bumpers off with school and all:)

:thumbup: Glad to help.
Be careful with the carriage bolts if you might consider disassembling the bumper from the reinforcement frame. I've often had problems taking them apart even after soaking them with penetrating oil.

-
Back