Ratchet shifter for 64 Dart 904

-
Don't thinl today's shifters will accommodate the push button pattern. Maybe an old timer Will have some info , shoot take your push button out of the dash, mAke a custom console & see people scratch their heads on that, Lawrence

Don't thinl today's shifters will accommodate the push button pattern. Maybe an old timer Will have some info , shoot take your push button out of the dash, mAke a custom console & see people scratch their heads on that, Lawrence

Actually had something running through my head in this respect but not sure if my fabrication skills meet my own expectations:)

Could he swap in the valve body of a column/floor shift?

I don't know anything about push-button transmissions, just curious.

The early trans case and entire linkage system is different also, so the best option would be to swap it out for a later trans if you REALLY want it floor shifted bad enough.

Yeah, going from pushbutton to a floor shifter involves a lot more than just slapping in a floor shifter. The pushbutton uses a cable and pulley system. I've never tore into it to see what all it would take, but as others have said, it would probably be a lot easier, and maybe even cheaper, to find a floor or column shift trans and go from there.

-
Back