Rats...........

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Started my truck up this morning after it sat over the holiday weekend and it was running kinda' rough with "service engine" light on.

Opened the hood when I arrived at work and look what I found. Damn rat.

What tips does everyone use to catch this sucker and keep in mind, I have pets.

Second car in 2 weeks. Chewed up injector wires on both vehicles.

the best bait there is. Just attach it under you hood and they will go for it every time. :-D

I bought a live cage trap and will bait it with peanut butter tonight like both of you suggested.

Sure hope I can catch that SOB...........lol

rat trap baited with peanut butter.....

Live cage trap with the 2 doors ok ??? Thanks for your help..........

So I guess that a motion triggered mini-gun is out of the question then! O well.

:snakeman:

Here rat rat rat...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rNNXkOCi0

I found this one in my front yard the other day. I think Bob the neighborhood cat dropped it off for me.

100_0745.jpg

This is bob just hanging out in the garage.
DSC04309.jpg

hey a live cage trap is even better,cuz then you can torment the crap out of it hehe

I really want to catch that sucker that chewed on 2 vehicles already, but not sure yet what I'll do if it's in the trap.

Maybe, I'll drown it in the pool...........disgust

The neighbor said to bring it over and he'll shoot it. His truck had enough stuff chewed up, it fried the computer..........ouch.

So I guess that a motion triggered mini-gun is out of the question then! O well.

Nothing is out of the question at this point, but that might disturb the neighbors. On second thought, can I borrow that ?????

Gotta get that sucker before it goes after the real car.

If you catch him/her alive, take it to a place far away from civilization and let it go. That rat`s just trying to survive like the rest of us rats.

If you catch him/her alive, take it to a place far away from civilization and let it go. That rat`s just trying to survive like the rest of us rats.

I'd spend $40 in gas..... at least .....to get away from civilization here.

Already spent too many $$$ feeding its appetite for wires. :blackeye:

Sorry, but at this point it's survival of the fittest.

I only hope I win....This stinks.

You could have someone launch him with a tennis racket so you could practice your skeet shooting.

LMAO!!:-D

I'd spend $40 in gas..... at least .....to get away from civilization here.

Already spent too many $$$ feeding its appetite for wires. :blackeye:

Sorry, but at this point it's survival of the fittest.

I only hope I win....This stinks.

Okay, got any friends with a Boa Constrictor? That rat`s got to serve some purpose.

Looks like you have a pack rat, the worst kind, they get big enough to EAT a cat. I've had to contend with them myself and like sweatybetty said.........Leave the hood open to keep them away.

Looks like you have a pack rat, the worst kind, they get big enough to EAT a cat. I've had to contend with them myself and like sweatybetty said.........Leave the hood open to keep them away.

Well, I guess you and sweatybetty are right. Put the trap on top of the engine overnight and left the hood up.

Rats :hmph:..........Didn't trap one. I'm sure that lil' sucker is still out there. He probably chewed on a different car last night for his supper. :hiding:

I'll post a pic of the trap later tonight and see if you guys can give me some more ideas. If this thing gets to the Mope......BIG TROUBLE....

Put the trap outside on the ground and bait it with some SpaghettiOs. No joke I have killed 3 rats and 17 mice with SpaghettiOs at work. The little bastards can't get enough of them.

Put the trap on the ground, just inside one of the front tires.

How about a Rat Terrier? Isn't ratting those guys jobs? Dachsunds will get rats too.

Put the trap outside on the ground and bait it with some SpaghettiOs. No joke I have killed 3 rats and 17 mice with SpaghettiOs at work. The little bastards can't get enough of them.

I'll try anything at this point. Don't have any Spaghetti O's in stock,,,,lol,,,, but sounds like a great idea.

Here's a pic of the trap from last night. Maybe tonight I'll try what cuda67bnl suggests. Trap on the ground with the peanut butter.

If that doesn't work.....Tomorrow, it's the Spaghetti O attack.........:angryfir:

Kind of a funny thread..........but serious at the same time....Thx for all the help.

The best revenge?? Bait that trap with chocolate exlax, lots of it!!! then follow the brown trail and watch him die...We do it here for groundhogs...seems to work well. Keep the pets away from it!

LMFAO @ some of these ideas!!!!!

An old trick to keep vermin out of your car is a fabric softener dryer sheet. They hate the smell!

-
Back