Rattles in door glass-Both D & P sides

-

73SwingerDart

Reaction score
Hi. I was hoping someone has a quick answer for me before I drive into this problem.
I have a 73 Dart Swinger and both the drivers and passengers door glass rattles really bad while the windows are up. Metal to Glass sound.When the windows are down it dosent rattle, just when they are up. Hoping someone has an easy fix or information on this before I tear into it.
Thanks.

Do you have the "cat whiskers" and good felt on the outside of the plastic upper door trim?
Also, how is the weatherstripping around the perimeter of the door frame? Has the window cut through anywhere/does it contact the metal frame anywhere?

-Mike

where the vent window frame attaches to the bottom of the door there is a pin that secures the vent frame. they had rattle pads in them (looks like a 1/4 piece of foam) best thing is to remove door panels and look see
It is also easier to track down w/o panel so you can just grab parts and see if noise goes away. or do the pass side and have someone ride with to see whats making the noise.

here is a picture. I circled the area where it is loose fitting and the rattle pads were installed.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 260
I think they have them on Plymouths and maybe the Dart Sports***
I apologize, I meant they went away for the '73 Swinger models.

Thanks guys! I have most of my interior our getting upholstered and wanted to try to figure this out while I was working on the inside of my Dart. It is a two door and does not have the wing window. Door glass is really loose when you grab the top of it with door open and window up.

Check all of the track adjustment bolts (the ones that adjust the window track location in the door. Sounds like one might be loose.

Also, check to ensure that the window crank/regulator are properly torqued down. It definitely just sounds like a case of a loose bolt or nut, but seeing it might be an issue.

I would take pics of mine to show you, but it is currently out for body work. I won't have it back for a few weeks.

Good luck.

Ok guys, I finally had time to look into the door glass rattle problem. I took the door panel off and looked around. I grabbed all the hardward tugged on it a little and see if anything was loose. I then looked in the bottom of the door and saw to round looking washers and two bolts in the very corner by the drain holes. On the slide assembley closest to the door handle, the bolts, felt pads and round washer/nut had come out of the glass completely. There was supposed to be a bracket from the slide hooked to the glass with the bolts and two washers going through the two holes in the glass. I also found two crumbled felt like washers in the bottom of the door. I made two new round washers to go against the glass and put them back in. Glass is tight now! picture of the parts I found in the door bottom. I went ahead and lubed everything up real good while I had access to it. Window rolls up and down just like new! Thanks for everyones help. I hope this help some other rookie like me down the road who searches for "Rattles" in door glass window.

-
Back