Rattling brakes 76 Duster

-

63 A rag

63 A rag
Reaction score
I have a 76 Duster with basic stock disc brakes and it has a annoying rattle coming from the front end that quits when the brakes are applied even slightly.This is the second Duster I've owned and both had the same rattle and I haven't figured it out in over 20 years.
I'm trying to sell this car and prospective buyers are scared off because they think the front end it shot(no,thats not it).Any help would be appricated-Rag

if they are like the F body version that have the steel tabs on the outside pad these need to be bent. take a screwdriver or small prybar and place it in between the rotor hat and the outside brake pad and then take a small hammer and tap the two tabs down very comman problem on the 70's dodge trucks and it seems no one knows how to properly fix it

if they are like the F body version that have the steel tabs on the outside pad these need to be bent. take a screwdriver or small prybar and place it in between the rotor hat and the outside brake pad and then take a small hammer and tap the two tabs down very comman problem on the 70's dodge trucks and it seems no one knows how to properly fix it

Thanks,I'll give that a try.If anyone else has any suggestions jump in-I like to cover all the bases while I have it apart. Rag

-
Back