RB Engine Valvetrain ???????????????

-

demon1515

Reaction score
OK here is my questions,

1- when changing from hydraulic to solid lifter cam is there a procediure like blocking oil passage to the lifter gallies or something like that?

2- When using roller rockers with the ball type adjuster screw is it necesary to drill the screw for lubrication?

I did ask these questions cuz i tough i read it somewhere but cant find it and dont remember! and i commented to someone and this person told me the rocker arm screw need to get lubricated from the adjuster screw, and the lifter galie modification is only performed on the small block mopars:dontknow:

OK here is my questions,

1- when changing from hydraulic to solid lifter cam is there a procediure like blocking oil passage to the lifter gallies or something like that?

2- When using roller rockers with the ball type adjuster screw is it necesary to drill the screw for lubrication?

I did ask these questions cuz i tough i read it somewhere but cant find it and dont remember! and i commented to someone and this person told me the rocker arm screw need to get lubricated from the adjuster screw, and the lifter galie modification is only performed on the small block mopars:dontknow:

1/ No not required

2/ No not required, the rocker arm assembly gets its oil from the rocker shaft which is getting the oil from an oil galley that goes through the head and block to the cam journal.

I've read Big nasty roller camshafts may require bushings the lifter bore or restricting oil passages if the lifter unshrouds the oil hole

I agree.Blocking or "tubing" the oil gallerys is a race only thing. Not needed for a street/strip motor.

Quote: I've read Big nasty roller camshafts may require bushings the lifter bore

Yup, bushing the lifter bore is a good practice to ensure that the lifter to cam contact is true and the geometry is dead nuts.

2/ No not required, the rocker arm assembly gets its oil from the rocker shaft which is getting the oil from an oil galley that goes through the head and block to the cam journal.

yeap but the push rod itself didnt need the lubrication from the lifter or the rocker for its ends? it is a solid pice?

Your rocker arms have 2 oil gallies right? 1 pointing to the front ( Valve side) & one in the back that oils through the adj (pushrod side)
If you change the adj screw to a ball style it need to have a simular type of oil galley/recess cut into the threads or it will burn up the pushrod/adj. no galley= no oil= no more pushrod/adj
If the balll type adj doesnt have a oil galley/recess in the theads you need to drill your own oil galley in the rocker to supply oil to the pushrod/adj

Your rocker arms have 2 oil gallies right? 1 pointing to the front ( Valve side) & one in the back that oils through the adj (pushrod side)
If you change the adj screw to a ball style it need to have a simular type of oil galley/recess cut into the threads or it will burn up the pushrod/adj. no galley= no oil= no more pushrod/adj
If the balll type adj doesnt have a oil galley/recess in the theads you need to drill your own oil galley in the rocker to supply oil to the pushrod/adj
Understood:cheers:

-
Back