RB Headers with Manual Transmission?

-

Musket

Reaction score
Howdy,

Will either the Schumacher or the TTI RB headers work with a manual transmission? Thinking about putting a Tremec T-56 transmission into a Demon which is getting a 440. Thanks!

I don't thi k the Schumacher will work with factory 4 speed without modifying the zbar. Have you used the search function? I am sure I have read past topics on which headers to use with a 4 speed. I have no clue how any header would work with a Tremec 6sp.

I don't thi k the Schumacher will work with factory 4 speed without modifying the zbar. Have you used the search function? I am sure I have read past topics on which headers to use with a 4 speed. I have no clue how any header would work with a Tremec 6sp.

Thanks for the response, but I asked because I could not find anything after searching.

TTI has an exhaustive list of fitment specifications for every header they sell on their website. I'd say yes on The TTI's with their modified Z-bar. If it's a hydraulic throw out bearing, as Youngun said, you should not have a problem.

Didn't Plymouth build a single 69 cuda 440 with a 4 speed for testing? I remember reading about it and that there were some performance stats out there somewhere. The common thought was that the automatic was used exclusively because it saved "hammer time" issues. If those documents were found we could see how THEY proposed to do the 4 speed install.

-
Back