rb tunnel ram on a b motor

-
hi all,
i'm struggling to find a tunnel ram for my 383 for reasonable money here in the uk. i've got a lead on one for a 440 so if i get it the plan is to narrow the base (cut a section out of the middle, lengthways), weld it back together then adapt the top back on. the ally welding isn't an issue, but any other problems i may not have thought of?
cheers, neil.
May work, if you bolt it to the motor BEFORE you weld it back up. You know, I have 2 low deck Weiand Hi Rams. Would be willing to trade 1 for a 440 size. I'm running the Stage VI HEADS, so am using the spacer plates. Would rather use the 440 size, without the plates. These heads require spacer plates when using a low deck intake. Or a hi deck intake without plates. I would trade you, but then shipping costs......pretty high.

68 Valiant with a tunnel ram. Strip only car.
20180801_140701.jpg

May work, if you bolt it to the motor BEFORE you weld it back up. You know, I have 2 low deck Weiand Hi Rams. Would be willing to trade 1 for a 440 size. I'm running the Stage VI HEADS, so am using the spacer plates. Would rather use the 440 size, without the plates. These heads require spacer plates when using a low deck intake. Or a hi deck intake without plates. I would trade you, but then shipping costs......pretty high.
Hi Gary, if I could swap it for the right one I would for sure. Once I collect it I'll get a price to ship it to you if you could do the same. Would you need my full address and post (zip) code? I can pm you what you need.
Regards, Neil.

so the latest purchase for the valiant is a tunnel ram...... yes another one
whistle.gif
. i mentioned on the MMA forum i'd bought a 440 one to cut up and dave billadeau said i've got one for a 383 you can buy. so i thought it would be rude not to and did. :thumbsup:

20180917_154107.jpg
20180917_154107.jpg
so the latest purchase for the valiant is a tunnel ram...... yes another one View attachment 1715310802. i mentioned on the MMA forum i'd bought a 440 one to cut up and dave billadeau said i've got one for a 383 you can buy. so i thought it would be rude not to and did. :thumbsup:
OK great! So we both have what we really need now. I'll just use the spacer plates as I had planned. Here's a pic of the intake port, as the carb sees it.

-
Back