RC hobbiest? Parma's new RC body

-

zac_F71

Reaction score
Parma just released a new Short Course Truck body - a 71 Demon it says 1/10th scale but it is 1/8th scale and has a 13" or so wheel base! I picked one up off eBay and some Purple paint for it.. found a cheapish 1/8 drift car I plan to mount it to and put some decent rubber so it can be a decent on road car.. They also make a 69 Olds Cutlass 442

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/201...-for-short-course-parmapse-71-muscle-baja-sc/

Parma_69.jpg

Yes indeed - sadly the only downer about this body is the front wheel wells are flared very largely.. no biggie though it should still look great!

And POW! Got it basically done! I won't lie it was hard to start cutting up a brand new RC (hasn't been driven yet) LOL but it was worth it as it will look great I think once done..

I bought Tmaxx 14mm hubs to replace the 12mm Slash one's (funny car wheels use the same hub). I mounted up the front and rear wheels/tires and tossed the body on - the funny car tires are 13mm wider offset than the Slash tires SO I brain stormed for about an hour on how to narrow the rear - My Dad suggested to put it in the "sway bar mount" (I'm guessing that's what it is)

Sadly a lot of the mods are semi permanent - cutting of a few things - and such. I haven't run it yet and am going to try it with the XL5/12T only going up in pinion to a 24t it the setup proves good I may buy a Castle 3S setup for it and design up a scale functioning wheelie bar for it. Only modding to the front was cutting the coil springs 3 coils each rear shocks are stock just took the preload clips out. Let me know what you guys think?

On to the pics!

Here is how I narrowed it - drilled "sway bar mount" tab w/ 1/8" drill bit all the way through and made a divet in the other tab for the pin to lock into - - Had Tamiya TA05 turnbuckles and some Clod ball studs left over and they worked great for shorter upper links! You can see the outer part I cut off the lower arm - it also lowered it quite a bit which is a bonus! also moved the rear blocks forward as well a good 5mm I'd say..
DemonRC2_zps0c77c281.jpg

DemonRC3_zpscbec76db.jpg

DemonRC4_zps93d3cc0c.jpg

Last one of the body mounted and the final ride height - going to add the Muscle Machines blower to the hood as well!
DemonRC1_zps0c222606.jpg

Did you ever finish the RC demon? post up some more pics if you did. Looks like an interesting build!

-
Back